What's For Dinner #63 - the Giving Thanks Edition - November 2020

BLAT salad…on crutches! ( Me, not the salad)

11 Likes

All our best wishes during this holiday season fraught with complex challenges worldwide; and a healthy, prosperous 2021 ahead with an immune vaccine, from one of 170 countries almost ready for the world to decide on their course.

(NOT mandatory in SPAIN) however, if you wish to travel abroad, you shall require a CERTIFICATION OF HAVING TAKEN THE IMMUNE COVID VACCINE for travel IN THE EUROPEAN UNION 26 SCHENGEN COUNTRIES AND SURELY IN INDIA, RUSSIA, JAPAN AMONGST OTHERS.
Best wishes.

Oh dear! Hope you’re not in too much pain/discomfort.

2 Likes

Forgive me as I am NOT a very big fish guy, but from those pics I would have sworn that was Mahi mahi. (one of the few fish I actually enjoy) How would you compare the flavor profile between yellowtail and Mahi?

Safe travels, @Rooster!

ooh what happened??

1 Like

Achilles jnjury from squatting to plant peas…and being old…

That’s not fair. There are plenty of people older than I, but in better shape, who can squat without risk of injury. Don’t skip stretching before exercising folks!

I am able to do more today… after I’ve bought every mobility device known to man.

8 Likes

Comfort food on this dreary night:

Meatloaf, mashed, and carrots, peas, & corn.

And WINE. Like, DUH.

16 Likes

Cajun dry rubbed country ribs with roasted delicata squash and TJ’s sweet potato fries. It all went great with Limerick Lane red zinfandel.

14 Likes

Scallop and prawn crepes

Followed by greens

15 Likes

ouch! i’m old too. recovering (for the last year) from a groin pull of unknown origin. probably a bar stool injury :smiley:. had an MRI yesterday, we shall see. aging sucks. Glad you’re feeling better already!

6 Likes

Someone here inspired this… big fat meatball sandwiches. Made a ton of meatballs with Italian sausage & ground beef, froze most of them, but made 6 giant ones for our sandwiches. browned in the oven and then simmered in defrosted homemade sauce with extra added Calabrian crushed chili and oregano. A little mozz, a ton of provolone (which refused to melt!) A little pepperoncini for tang. BF drowned his at the table. Sauteed zucchini on the side. Incredibly messy and just as good on a rainy day.

16 Likes

Achilles problems are excruciatingly painful. Mine lasted most of a year, forcing me to wear 2" heels, since my right foot “wouldn’t go to the ground”. Orthopedist brought up the rare and weird relationship with the antibiotic “Cipro” and Achilles rupture and/or pain. Since then, I have refused to take this drug, have it listed as an allergy on my medical profile. Google for info on this.

2 Likes

Dinner last night.

12 Likes

I’ve never had those and have always wanted to try them. We live on Cape Cod, so lobsters are the norm here. Any crabmeat we have access to comes from Maryland.

Sounds a bit obscure! I’ve been checking out Conditions associated with increased risk of Insertional Achilles tendinitis including …sarcoidosis, … as well as the use of medications such as steroids and fluoroquinolone antibiotics.

But that’s for a different forum.

Oh they are delicious @retrospek - my favorite food on the planet! If you have a Costco nearby, they are usually featured with their seafood roadshows. I’ve found their quality better than fish markets. They also sell it in big boxes, which we usually buy. We needed to make room for a turkey today. (And leftover crab for salads tonight)!

2 Likes

What kind of crabs are those?

TWO STOPS FOR REGIONAL TAPAS: Dehuesa Acorn Fed Ham from Badajoz and a sheep cheese, torta del Casar from Cáceres. AND a treat if you like an Italian specialty, carpaccio and an after dinner licor …
PHOTOGRAPHS: My “dear” …

7 Likes

Absolutely stunningly beautiful fall day here today. DH has been recovering from minor surgery for the past couple of days so we took a long walk on a trail near our house for his first outing. Gorgeous fall color everywhere. Unfortunately my dinner was not quite as colorful, but at least it was fabulously delicious. Chicken thighs with crispy skin, cauliflower purée and onion gravy with sherry and rosemary.

14 Likes