What's For Dinner #61 - the Back to (Home) School Edition - Sept. 2020

I hear you. I double checked with a chef friend who forages regularly, and we didn’t feed any to our toddler. Still, not a risk-free activity. :grin:

3 Likes

No, but I’m interested to!

1 Like

Quickie dinner - TJ’s “Chinese” chicken sausages and General Tsao’s cauliflower with cauli-jasmine rice. OK-ish.

12 Likes

Boneless, skinless chicken thighs off the smoker

Roasted root vegetables and salad as sides

14 Likes

Tonight: Roasted chicken breast, carrots/potatoes, asparagus. Weeknight simplicity.

Last night I transformed the leftover kheema with tiny lentils into stacked enchiladas, adding frozen spinach into the mix before layering. Totally transformed. spicy, tasty, and satisfying. love a good reinvention to assist in the fridge clearout.

13 Likes

But quite pretty, plated.

1 Like

BF and I are taking a vacation for a few days in Lancaster, PA. After the last month, it is a welcomed getaway . We had wanted to be more adventurous but two of the states we were eying up flipped back and forth on the quarantine list, so we figured PA was a safe bet.

Tonight’s dinner was at the Belvedere Inn in Lancaster City. We never got a chance to celebrate our anniversary in June because everything was closed, so I figured we could do it here tonight while out in PA. We shared the “Belvi Bread” which was a baguette topped with sun dried tomato aioli and cheese, and also a wedge salad. For entrees, he had the braised short rib with green beans and mac and cheese, and I had the filet mignon with asparagus and dauphinoise potatoes. Dessert was the highly recommended butterscotch bread pudding. All was cooked perfectly. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. It is a classy establishment and the second floor lounge where we ate is hidden away like an old fashioned speakeasy. I had a martini or two and he had their coconut mojito before moving on to wine. Service was impeccable. This was the first fine dining experience we have had in a LONG time.

20 Likes

Catching up…
BLT salad with garlic bread.

Tomato salad with buffalo mozzarella and rigatoni with an Italian beef stew I made over the weekend.

And tonight was a quick green bean ground turkey stir fry over jasmine ice with a few TJs veggie potstickers. It was 106 degrees here today. I’m so ready for some fall weather.

17 Likes

Tomatopalooza processing this evening.

Made 4 versions of tomato sauce - passata from cherry tomatoes, and then a rough tomato sauce from red cherry and yellow (gold?) cherry tomatoes (I got annoyed by the straining and just stopped).

4th was a fresh tomato sauce for tonight’s dinner, courtesy Ina Garten. I went a bit heavy on the garlic but it was still delicious.

Lamb chops on the side (sous vide, pan finish) and sautéed spinach.

Now I have to portion all the tomato sauce to freeze… ugh.

16 Likes

These are all beautiful meals!

1 Like

Unfortunately it is not a risk free gourmet treat !

We had a done a few courses years ago in Cataluna as well as Soria, Navarra and La Rioja, however, we always go out in a team with high standing professionals in this sector …

My fave are Boletus Edulis, what we call “Boletus”.

Still too warm here as Boletus and most Wild Mushrooms require wet / humid - chilly to cold weather …

Have a nice day Christina.

2 Likes

Fall’s Cuisine of the Quarter is here - and it’s BRITISH! BRITISH - Fall 2020 (Oct-Dec) Cuisine of the Quarter

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #62 - the Spookalicious Edition - October 2020

The definition of an Angel.

2 Likes

Folks, you honestly shouldn’t wait for me to create the next month’s thread! Anyone can do it! :wink:

But I see it hasn’t yet been done, so here you go.

10 Likes

Sorry @LindaWhit, for being so trifling. This year is going QUICK fast!

Aw, thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you!

Cool title !

Thank you for creating the October What´s for dinner edition.

Have a great wkend.

1 Like

CORRECTION: “Jack O’Lantern”

2 Likes