What's For Dinner #61 - the Back to (Home) School Edition - Sept. 2020

Sort of Oyster aguachile . No cucumber.

20 Likes

That be true Comfort Food, @LindaWhit

1 Like

But there’s only 15… :thinking:

1 Like

:grinning: I stopped to take the picture.

2 Likes

Fabulous

1 Like

We enjoyed a real feast indoors at our favorite Szechuan restaurant for the first time in over seven months. I have ordered takeout several times but it’s not the same as eating the food when it is fresh and hot. It is a huge restaurant and we had a whole section all to ourselves for the entire meal. There were a couple of other indoor diners but they were all the way on the other side. We have enough leftovers for 2 more dinners. It was well worth the 90 minute round trip.
We enjoyed an excellent eggplant with garlic sauce for the first time, as well as our awesome regular dishes of hot and spicy lobster, prawns, stir fried lamb, chicken ding, spicy baby wontons in chili oil, and ants climbing a tree (not pictured). It all went great with an excellent Primitivo.

l

14 Likes

Chicken and nectarine salad. We are doing up the dinner salads while the produce is farm fresh.

18 Likes

That looked so good.

1 Like

Ah, that sounds amazing! Which place was it if you don’t mind me asking?

where is this? this looks amazing!

1 Like

Tamarind

That crab, some kababs, and a couple of cocktails occasionally constituted after-work “dinner” at their welcoming bar with a friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maangchi’s galbi tonight, with ssamjang, to which i added a little sesame oil and scallions. Found shiso leaves for the wraps. Ribs marinated 9 hours today, very tender. also, korean-ish corn salad - sesame oil, hot chili oil, scallions, gochugaru, maggi seasoning, shiso and cilantro. quick pickled radishes in a little ume plum vinegar, gochugaru, and sesame oil. Jasmine rice. I love flanken cut ribs.

friesday earlier, too…

now for a nightcap.

17 Likes

French fries , bloody mary and a crossword puzzle . Oh my .

8 Likes

the Sunday triumvirate.

5 Likes

The power of the three

2 Likes

Thanks! Chengdu 1 Palace in Green Brook, NJ.

Oh wow, do you have a recipe for this? Looks delicious!

It’s on Rt 22 in Green Brook, NJ and as @paryzer knows, it’s my all-time favorite Szechuan and I never get there any more. I can taste most of those dishes through the screen. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Hm. Just a process, really. Slice beef or pork thinly and put in a slurry of cornstarch and soy sauce, splash of water or sherry. Pour boiling water over rice noodle to warm up. Heat oil in wok or frying pan. Sauté sliced green onion. Remove and sauté strips of meat adding oil if necessary. Add green onions back in. Drain noodles and mix in, tossing well. Do all of this on the highest heat possible given stove and exhaust system.

5 Likes

Yum! Thanks! :slight_smile: