What's For Dinner #61 - the Back to (Home) School Edition - Sept. 2020

One of my favorite Indian restaurants in nyc had a crab appetizer that was essentially an unfried crab cake - sautéed lightly with a few aromatics and light spicing. If I could replicate that, it would be a winner.

Otherwise, I only ever want “plain” crabcakes!

Meal looks delicious.

3 Likes

Ohhh you did Dali proud! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Are you aware of any good shaping videos out there bcc? I find it much easier to learn it that way than by following written instructions or looking at diagrams.

Sorry, no.

We made “Carolina” sausages from our local butcher (outstanding; never going back to mass market😝), Greek salad with yellow watermelon in red wine vinaigrette and a little bit of egg noodles with cream cheese and Parm skimmed off the kiddo (we forgot to make a grown-up side). All were happy.

11 Likes

That entire meal looks great!

1 Like

Bittersweet late afternoon here. Weather was gorgeous and brought a bracing westerly breeze as Mo Weber and I teamed up to bake some spuds and grill some burgers. Not many of these afternoons left…

15 Likes

Is there a better meal? I don’t think so :grin:

1 Like

Pats won with Cam.
Bucs lost with TB12.
Works for me.
:heart:

Went with comfort food to fortify for work tomorrow. Picked up a meatloaf mix (ground beef, pork, and veal) from Wegmans yesterday, and used half today (with some extra beef): Meatloaf with Plum Ketchup on top (also fed my freezer with five 1/2 cup containers of the Plum Ketchup from Eating Well’s website).

Sour cream mashed potatoes and peas & corn as the sides, along with wine.

19 Likes

Sort of Oyster aguachile . No cucumber.

20 Likes

That be true Comfort Food, @LindaWhit

1 Like

But there’s only 15… :thinking:

1 Like

:grinning: I stopped to take the picture.

2 Likes

Fabulous

1 Like

We enjoyed a real feast indoors at our favorite Szechuan restaurant for the first time in over seven months. I have ordered takeout several times but it’s not the same as eating the food when it is fresh and hot. It is a huge restaurant and we had a whole section all to ourselves for the entire meal. There were a couple of other indoor diners but they were all the way on the other side. We have enough leftovers for 2 more dinners. It was well worth the 90 minute round trip.
We enjoyed an excellent eggplant with garlic sauce for the first time, as well as our awesome regular dishes of hot and spicy lobster, prawns, stir fried lamb, chicken ding, spicy baby wontons in chili oil, and ants climbing a tree (not pictured). It all went great with an excellent Primitivo.

l

14 Likes

Chicken and nectarine salad. We are doing up the dinner salads while the produce is farm fresh.

18 Likes

That looked so good.

1 Like

Ah, that sounds amazing! Which place was it if you don’t mind me asking?

where is this? this looks amazing!

1 Like

Tamarind

That crab, some kababs, and a couple of cocktails occasionally constituted after-work “dinner” at their welcoming bar with a friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes