What's For Dinner #60 - The Hot August Nights Edition - August 2020

Love your boys @LindaWhit, your meal looks good too!

1 Like

Chorizo in with the clams for a little spice!

3 Likes

Absolutely fabulous

1 Like

We had an excellent dinner outdoors under a tent at Fin Raw Bar and Kitchen in the quaint little town of Summit, NJ. They closed off the whole street and filled it with tables for a few restaurants to share. We enjoyed Shanghai shrimp in a curry ginger sauce; 7 spice tuna with soba noodles; an excellent spicy tempura battered tuna sushi roll; fried calamari; and an awesome chocolate retro cake for dessert. It all went great with an excellent California red blend.

16 Likes

Not envious @paryzer, downright jealous! Please give the sweet pooch a pat for me.

1 Like

Thanks @Lambchop! I will. I figured I would add a gratuitous pet picture since it seemed like bring your pet to dinner day today :slightly_smiling_face:

Little by little we are dipping our feet into the outdoor dining waters. We really missed dining out. It’s just nice to dine out again, even if it is outdoors with all the servers wearing masks. Everyone is so nice and grateful to be working again.

3 Likes

Leftover chicken adobo with brown rice and cabbage sautee, garden kale and herb salad with homemade green goddess dressing.

15 Likes

A whirlwind two days it has been. I got home from work last night to learn a good friend of mine passed away in his sleep the night before. I was and still am stunned. Last night’s dinner was a hodgepodge of emotions and lots of whiskey.

Tonight, I made chicken cutlets with tomato, fresh Mozzarella, grilled portobello mushrooms, roasted red peppers, extra virgin olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. While @CurlzNJ may admonish me for not using basil, it was good enough without!

To drink: I may have stumbled onto something. The combination of Pink Whitney pink lemonade vodka and Stoli Razberi.

Hope everyone had a better couple of days than me!

21 Likes

Same here @paryzer, and I’m determined to enjoy the ability to do that while the weather is still good enough! Things may not be so favorable as we move into the late fall and winter months. Fingers crossed though.

Cheers to you and Mrs. P :wine_glass:

2 Likes

I’m so very sorry to read that, Greg. :disappointed: heart goes out to you and your friend’s family and friends.

5 Likes

Thank you @Lambchop! Cheers to you and your husband as well :wine_glass:

I’m trying to support all of my favorite restaurants as much as I can whether it be by take out or dining outdoors. I just hope they can survive this and come out in decent shape on the other end.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about your friend @gcaggiano. I hope when the shock and grief diminish, that you’re able to find comfort in your good memories of him. Such a sad thing for his family too.

2 Likes

Lots of memories, thankfully. And lots of stories I’ve told over the years involving him. A true character.

6 Likes

I will drink a toast to you and him tonight @gcaggiano.

I’ve lost a friend, and 2 others seem to be racing to the finish line. It’s hard to see wonderful people go, but we do keep them with us, as well.

Peace and comfort to you.

5 Likes

Two smoked legs and thighs together, over a bed of spinach with a little garlic and olive oil . Cheers .

20 Likes

So sorry for your loss @gcaggiano

2 Likes

Wow @emglow101, looks really good, and vividly colorful!

1 Like

Pad Thai.

16 Likes

so sorry for your loss. take good care of yourself.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about your friend. May his memory be a blessing.

1 Like