What's For Dinner #60 - The Hot August Nights Edition - August 2020

Yes, Albert is quite amazing !

Well, preparing a Paella at home perhaps or changing Spanish Restaurants !! Next time, it shall be more to your liking.

Have a lovely day.

1 Like

Your blue merle is a cutie!!

1 Like

WOOOOOOOOOW those are stunning plates!

1 Like

Yesterday’s dinner - flat rice noodles with shrimp, store bought fish balls and meat balls, mung bean sprouts, garlic chives, fried egg, ground pork, wontons from the freezer, and sauce made of LKK Chiu Chow chili oil, black vinegar, and soy sauce.

15 Likes

I made oyster-sauced tofu and pac choi, steamed haricots tossed with butter, soy sauce, sweet soy, and orange vinegar, and tomatoes in sweet and sour sesame black vinaigrette. Brown rice.

18 Likes

Hope your H is walking the line tonight, regarding the carbs @ChristinaM :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Another nice quiet day off.

Dinner was lemon-pepper chicken from my local butcher, augmented with an additional marinade of olive oil, fresh lemon juice, freshly cracked pepper and dried tarragon.

Sides were the rest of the rice pilaf, and sauteed sugar snap peas, corn, and red bell pepper strips with Penzeys Tuscan Sunset seasoning blend.

12 Likes

I want ALL of that!

2 Likes

Another Salade Niçoise, this time for the BF and me. My tuna (Genova yellowfin this time) went on the side because -sea-creature-disliking BF, anchovies just on one potato for me. Extras i added this time, because I had them: radish, a little basil, lettuce, and an IP egg (forgot that on the last one.)

and the BF made himself a Mini Muff(uletta)! we had various salami and cheese and he made a little olive salad spread, and put it on my homemade bun from last night. i tasted it - not too shabby!

17 Likes

I had to smirk when 20 minutes later he ate the noodles he picked out :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Preparing Serious Eats Puffy Taco filling/ “mince”, for rolling black outs, and a convention.

15 Likes

Pan fried egg and chive dumplings.

18 Likes

Turkey burger, corn, sautéed kale, and jicama fries:

13 Likes

Kept it simple tonight: Fresh mozzarella, Jersey tomato, roasted red peppers, balsamic vinegar. Tater tots on the side.

17 Likes

Before anyone asks why there is no basil, I have already been chastised by @CurlzNJ on Instagram and then had to explain myself that I’m a terrible Italian who does not like basil (and a litany of other herbs). You really should follow our Instagrams. We can be a hoot.

6 Likes

Will give it a think. It’s funny about Greeks and basil - they grow it because it has meaning to them, but you’ll never find it in Greek food @gcaggiano.
I do really love it.

2 Likes

Links please! I am still struggling to master Instagram. Show me yours and I’ll show you mine!

About basil; I’m growing so many that are not familiar to me this year, that I am not even sure what they have in common to dislike.

My username is my name with a _ space in between first and last.

Instagram is much better than Facebook, both for food and more easily avoiding obnoxious political BS.

1 Like

Okay, thanks. (I think) mine is Shrinkrap underscore. Don’t get me started on Facebook, especially "messenger ". :grimacing:

1 Like

Chinese tonight.

I made salmon steamed with soy, ginger, and scallions.

There was also bok choy with shiitake, sweet and sour tofu, green beans, and brown rice.

16 Likes