What's For Dinner #60 - The Hot August Nights Edition - August 2020

Dinner last night. Lamb chops! Sides & a nice cab. Please note the aerator @paryzer, gifted it to H, does a fine job. Thanks again for the link and info.

17 Likes

I guess I just haven’t gone enough to get good at shopping at Wegman’s.

For cheap and more unusual produce and products, especially from Latin/South America I typically go to Super Supermarket, on Memorial Parkway in AP. For Asian stuff, the closest place is to us is Asian Food Market in Marlboro.

3 Likes

Nice looking dinner and wine @Lambchop! I’m glad you and your husband are enjoying the aerator!

Yes, it’s a good one! I’ll confess to doing quite a bit of online shopping during QT for myself or household things. Not wanting him to feel left out I handed it to him, and said it was a gift. Ya gotta keep everyone happy @paryzer. :upside_down_face:

Oh, and thanks for the dinner and wine compliment! As a bonus, it was a perfect evening for al fresco, and we sat out for a couple hours after dinner too. Have to take advantage of the good weather while we can.

1 Like

Yesterday it was hotter, 112. At dinner time it was still 106 - no cooking. We ordered curbside pickup from Poquito Mas. Chicken tostadas. Mine with black beans, DH’s with retried pinto beans. Salsa and guacamole on the side.

12 Likes

Bake your bread, make your desserts 2020

DINNER. :yum:

16 Likes

I decided to finally cook from my “new” taco book (trejo’s tacos). @mariacarmen I felt like you would have enjoyed this meal. Made carnitas, spanish rice, black beans, red onion pickle and grilled pineapple from the book. Also cilantro and onion because duh. Huge thumbs up from my husband and I. The toddler said she “wasn’t so much of a fan” tough crowd!!!

21 Likes

Jimmy,

Your grilled corn impelled me to try grilling corn. I tried it tonight. The result was sensational. And you have to remember that the corn in Switzerland is nothing like the corn in the States.

6 Likes

Kofte kebabs with roasted cauliflower, carrots and chickpeas. Served over curried couscous with dried cranberries and beans.

This really hit the spot for a pretty quick meal prep.

17 Likes

I can hear her using those exact words!

4 Likes

That kid is hilarious already!!

5 Likes

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs. My non-cooking husband had to pinch hit because my shoulder got reinjured yesterday due to a mishap around the house.

I showed him how to pull together a quick spaghetti and meatball dinner. Meatballs were already in the fridge. Fast sauce from CSA cherry tomatoes, garlic scape, and a little fresh jalapeño for kick.

The next few days will be interesting if he needs to continue taking the lead on kitchen duty. We all have to adapt these days, oh boy.

21 Likes

We had some more awesome takeout from Don Pepe ll. We enjoyed Paella Valenciana, seafood stuffed lobster, seafood stuffed avocado, and a side of crispy Spanish chips. There is plenty of paella leftover for tomorrow. It all went great with an excellent 2008 Italian Syrah.

14 Likes

She told me she would rather drink milk. I tried to explain that she hurt my feelings. And then she brought a box of Band-Aids. Very cute. Very literal!!!

6 Likes

She is lucky she is cute!

2 Likes

Hope you heal quickly! Looks like he did pretty well with tonight’s dinner!

5 Likes

Shouldn’t let him get too comfortable in the kitchen. He might find he has a “knack” for cooking. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

So terrific to read this @bcc
Thank you!

Take care of yourself!

1 Like

Speaking of hair talk, I’m doing mine today, so there will be no WFD pics, and that’s how I’m keeping this on topic!
b9a5550027a1961db45199d5e632ad32257e1561217ae1c9df69519db2d7cbdd.0

9 Likes