What's for Dinner #59 - the Summertime Covid Blues Edition - July 2020

Today was a two tart day. Or to be more accurate, one zucchini and summer squash tart and one blackberry crostata from foraged berries.

26 Likes

They both look pretty dang fab @tomatotomato. Enjoy!!

2 Likes

Well @Rooster, here is your pork tenderloin!

To everyone else, I found his recipe by lurking through some old HO posts. Three ingredients: the pork, hoisin sauce, and sweet onions. While he served his with noodles, I did mine over garlic mashed potatoes.

Other than finishing my onions by putting the roasting pan on the stove while the pork rested for a few minutes, everything else was followed to the letter. Tender and delicious!

18 Likes

Tell me, what is not to love @gcaggiano? Know you enjoyed…

2 Likes

Looking very good @gcaggiano! I may have to give that tip a try myself. Mashed look excellent.

2 Likes

It was a great combination of flavors. The garlic in the potatoes really added to it.

The door of my fridge is now 90% Asian condiments/sauces but no hoisin. Bought it today and it must have been years since I last had it. I actually put some into a small bowl to dip the pork into!

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Thank you! And thanks for the recipe!

1 Like

I’m a big fan of hoisin myself. Drizzled on most veg; especially broccoli. Try it on fish.

3 Likes

Happy it was to your liking.

1 Like

Dinner last night - 3 types of pies: combo, Greek and our version of a Fearless, which includes bacon, onion, lots of garlic, pepperoncini and mozzarella cheese. All delicious & leftovers for tonight. Enough veg on pizzas to count lol.

16 Likes

stunning, especially the veggie one!

1 Like

My turn for Peruvian. Marinated the chicken early this a.m., made a shit-ton of aji verde (made with aji amarillo paste) and my first ever batch of fried yuca. So easy, so delicious. Crispy but fluffy and light inside. I found a packet of dried aji amarillo that also made it into the marinade for the chicken. Made a ton of that liquid gold - aji - so it’ll go on everything for a while. A little avocado with pikliz because we had it, and a big salad with palmito. Must go guzzle the aji straight out of the jar now.

21 Likes

Oh wow - looks like sheer perfection - love aji amarillos, and the yuca fries look incomparable. Like the best tempura ever…@mariacarmen.

1 Like

I might have killed one of my Aji Amarillo plants

Some of today’s peppers and tomatoes; the ones I didn’t use in the “mince”.

Serious eats puffy taco filling/ mince/ chili.
Experimenting with video

Or not…
19 Likes

Tacos al pastor.

19 Likes

My first romanesco zucchini from the garden . Combined with summer corn in shellfish. Summery fruit for dessert. Cheers.

22 Likes

WOW!! What time should I come over? Everything looks amazing.

Did you make the fries from fresh yucca? I see it at the grocery but have only ever bought frozen and then just boil it.

2 Likes

These are absolutely stunning @tomatotomato!

3 Likes

@gcaggiano, if you have leftover pork loin, make a Cuban sandwich. The hoisin adds a unique twist.

3 Likes