Gazpacho

13 Likes

Love Seinfeld
As many times as I’ve seen them I can watch again and again

2 Likes

Late meal . Local ribeye. Grilled.

Love my romanesco zucchini from the garden. Fabulous day . Cheers

13 Likes

I got a small bunch of collard greens in my CSA box last week - one of my favorite vegetables. For many years I did not eat red meat so I always cooked my greens with smoked turkey. Still do. Served with the last of my pasta salad. The hot sauce is “Delish Bajan Hot Pepper Sauce with Cucumbers” I imported earlier this year (when you could still travel).

13 Likes

National day, we invited neighbours over for pizzas, of course H’s cooking. Last minute change, the cooking had moved to a boat as neighbours was also invited by their friends and they had planned to see the fireworks on the Seine.

2 boats were tied together to accommodate all the people.

We moved all the preparations and the cooking utensils including the Weber kettle to the boat. Funny episode, one of the Weber wheel fell into water during the transport. Luckily, we got it back. Cooking on the boat wasn’t easy, space was limited. H also said at one point during cooking, the wind changed direction and smoke blew at him. Since he was cooking at the end of the boat without much space, he couldn’t do anything about it.

The first pizza with 4 cheeses suffered a bit due to dough drying up a bit with the long wait. Each pizza we cut into 16 slices for the numerous people. LOL!

Ricotta, Gorgonzola, Parmesan, Pecorino and Salers

Passata, tomatoes, artichauts, tomatoes confites, olives, basilic, mozzarella, parmesan and smoked pork…

Passata, pepper confits (grilled a day before), 'Nudja, mozzarella…

A creation by H! Thai influenced: shrimps, tomatoes, coconut milk passata (ginger, red curry, makrut lime, fish sauce…), mozzarella, coriander…

Only regret, maybe due to Covid, the fireworks changed location and was much further away, we didn’t see it well.

20 Likes

Anybody who live in US and has a few minutes to help out a student on her grad thesis survey, please do:

2 Likes

This just might be a working definition for : “Fearless”

10 Likes

Not shy with the olive oil. Yum.

DITTO. I do still watch Seinfeld almost daily…

2 Likes

Ah, poor you! I have gotten these forever and I have had most success with switching my toothpaste and when I get a bad one using a product called Canker Cover. It can be clunky depending on where in your mouth it is, but it totally works for me.

Actually just watched the big salad episode

1 Like

That sounds so good! I am curious about where collards are being harvested in July.

I love Bajan style hot sauce. Are you saying the hot sauce has cucumber in it, or it was served with cucumbers? (Emphasis on the CUM according to husband. But he’s Jamaican, and not Bajun).

It’s my first! Hopefully last. I do have a toothpaste with no SLS I can try.

I was just at the dentist and asked her recommendations because the kiddo got one this week too. She recommended (ONLY if she is good about spitting) a 50/50 blend of kaopectate and liquid benadryl. I haven’t tried it myself.

I’m in New Jersey. The grocery stores around here have collards all year long but I have no idea where they come from. The CSA bunch was definitely grown locally. The bunch itself was small both in number of stalks as well the leaf size.

The sauce has cucumbers in it but I bet it would be good on them as well. I think the cucumbers take the edge off of the heat. We brought a bunch of sauces home when we were in Barbados in February.

10 Likes

Was shaking that on fish cakes, eggs etc when last in Barbados. Have not seen it locally

I’m a sucker for hot sauces. We brought a bunch of different ones home with us so I haven’t had to look for any yet. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll stumble across is somewhere.

Wow! The second ingredient! I’ve been experimenting with recipes for years, and I’ve ever noticed that!

Wow - if you figure it out let me know then I won’t have to search! Good Luck!

Homemade pizzas and champagne because it’s Friday.

13 Likes