What's For Dinner #58 - the Uncertain Certain Summertime Edition -June 2020

Sorry about that. Your couscous looks lovely, though - I made a giant clump of israeli couscous once and never again…

I think I agree on d’artagnan duck - I couldn’t put my finger on what I didn’t love about the picture-perfect duck breast I made a few days back until you said this… so thank you. Nonetheless, I will be eating it in some form for dinner tonight, because I’m the only one eating it apparently, and I can’t bear to throw it away…

3 Likes

99F today. I really hate this weather!
Blistered green beans with truffle salt. OMG good! DH hates green beans and was scarfing them like Pringles.

Cold raw tomato sauce on hot squiggles, one of our go-to hot weather dishes. Comforting.

Going home tomorrow to mid-60s weather (God’s country, IMHO!)

16 Likes

We were eating dinner (Chicken Marsala-- which I’ve posted pictures of several times) and all of a sudden my BF says, “I have a surprise for dessert”. He gets up and goes to the front door and emerges with these ice cream sandwiches from Coldstone via DoorDash. Reason number 658 why I’ll never be thin.

18 Likes

So overrated.

6 Likes

We dined out for the first time in 3 1/2 months! What better place to return to dining out than Il Nido. We had another spectacular dinner. It was nice to take a break in between my 2 hour round trip I have been making for takeout :slightly_smiling_face: Service was exemplary as usual. We enjoyed a special of red mullet with Summer squash ciambotta; melt in your mouth beef carpaccio; butter poached lobster arrabbiata with saffron risotto; lobster and crab salad; creamy and velvety cacio e pepe mafaldine pasta. Chef Voller also very generously comped us a sublime combination of homemade ricotta with figs, prosciutto, and an apricot compote. It all went great with an excellent Mario Bazan cabernet.

13 Likes

You eat/dine out VERY WELL. Just ONE of those dishes would have satisfied me. But all of them? Just kill me now, and know I’ve died and gone to heaven.

4 Likes

Thank you :blush: We had to make up for over 3 months of dining at home :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Good looking ribs @emglow101. Juicy, nice crust. What cut?

Nice!

2 Likes

You’re killin’ it this month.

1 Like

Photo 1 ) Lovely red mullet ? Yes ? (salmonetes), Triglia in Italiano and in French Rouget …

Absolutely exceptional surely.

Have a lovely weekend.

1 Like

Your meals at home always look amazing. Just sayin

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this didn’t live up to your expectations. It does look beautiful though. Your plating is always so inspiring.

1 Like

That looks delicious. We are going to Il Nido on Wednesday. I am looking forward to it. I’m glad to hear you had a good experience.

1 Like

I took some wahoo out of the freezer for dinner Friday but Mr Bean decided he wanted take out from our favorite Caribbean place so the fish became Saturday’s dinner. I came across this recipe from the New York Times and thought the flavor profiles sounded very good.

With some adjustments, I think this would work with other proteins especially shrimp and chicken.
My version:

My parsley is going crazy and really was that big.

14 Likes

Nice of you to say!

1 Like

Thanks for your pointer to the one-pot smoky fish recipe! I wanted fresh inspiration for white fish like haddock and there it was. :grinning:

Thank you! It was. Chef Voller hasn’t skipped a beat. They spared no expense for when indoor dining opens up. They installed Hepa filters and UV-C lights and are removing some tables and spacing them at least 6 feet apart from each other. Enjoy your dinner. I look forward to reading your review.

3 Likes

Since lockdown March 13th, we have had to eat at home. So now we are catching up a bit. These photographs are from February 2020 at El Celler de Can Roca, Girona.

14 Likes

Yeah, you also did some African Curry Chicken Breast and Steak & Harissa Carrots(?) that looked :kissing_smiling_eyes:.

1 Like