What's for Dinner #55: The March Forward Into Spring Edition - March 2020

It is one of the few veggies she really seems to love. Raw too.

1 Like

Thank you very much and it was simply gorgeous tasting too !!

Have a lovely day (21.00 here).

The Lemon Preserves look marvelous.

2 Likes

Lovely bread …

Scallion batch w a few Over easy eggs for dinner later.

13 Likes

Second shrinkrap’s request for “how to” this amazing sounding stuff…

2 Likes

Unlike gcaggiano, my wife just left for a seminar in Orlando and a 6 oz burger and two leftover buns was the ticket for a couple of sliders topped with imported Gouda, Homemade tomato jam and homemade sweet pickles on top. A spot of single barrel domestic rum on the side

18 Likes

I made turkey albondigas a la Diane Kennedy, with zucchini in the mix as well as in the braise, plus carrots. Served over beans and rice.

15 Likes

Re whole Meyer lemon jam: this was a trial batch.

2 very ripe lemons cut into eighths, in a small container with a litte water, into the PC to cook for 15 mins.

Let cool, then remove seeds (over a strainer over a bowl so you don’t lose liquid and pulp). Purée with an immersion blender (or otherwise) adding cooking liquid (plus more if necessary).

Add sugar to taste (or by weight if you’re planning to can), then cook again till 205-210 (I didn’t measure temp, I cooked in the microwave until it set on a plate. I did mess this up and overcook, so I added boiled water and thinned it and redid this step.)

5 Likes

Thanks. Don’t have a pressure cooker or instant pot but can handle low, slow cook down.

Munchies most of late afternoon -> no starter
Main = Asparagus beef

11 Likes

I have one, big Meyer still on my tree, and about six frozen whole in my freezer. Hmmmmm.

1 Like

Thank you Victoria Baldini . Local chef and author from her Mountain Italian cookbook. Rosemary chicken. Vegetables with pecorino and basil. Cheers .

the Amaretti cookies in the recipe is what threw me a loop . I asked her about this. Fantastic , fantastic , fantastic the way it turned out.

17 Likes

18 Likes

Looks good but what am I looking at?

That’s a nice looking bottle (and burgers too)!

The rum is even better. Interesting distillery. Maggie Campbell the master distiller at Privateer is amazing and committed to making unadulterated rum. Worth seeking out. That bottle was from one of two private barrel selections we did recently. We will be heading back for more soon.

Lovely selection …

Adore traditional hummus … And olives …

1 Like

THURSDAY LUNCH 14.30 - 16.00 …
FAELLA (giant tuve pasta) with tomato sauce, and lard, and sheep milk Pecorno with 2 different White wines.

15 Likes

See if you can get your hands on a bottle of clairin. I read about it in the New York Times and can’t get over it.