What's for Dinner #55: The March Forward Into Spring Edition - March 2020

That is a stunning lunch with an excellent wine choice!

2 Likes

Paryzer,

Thank you very much.

It was one of these blistery, brisk windy days.

It hit the spot !!! Yes, that is quite an exceptional Barolo … Paired wonderfully.

And there are leftovers for tomorrow !!!

Have a lovely evening / day.

2 Likes

Started some mushroom/onion farro pilaf. My gal has chicken meatballs on deck. supper later tonight.
Make it a “super” Tuesday all!

12 Likes

I like It…I like …like It…

I am over …save a plate for me Greg.

1 Like

Simply gorgeous!

6 Likes

Son asked me if I can make pasta with Alfredo sauce which was a surprise as I need cream ( white- stuff such cream, mayo, sour cream, cream cheese etc he will not eat.)

I had some chicken breast marinading with chinese spices to make chicken Jap chai using sweet potato starch and vegetables. I used some of those chicken breast to stir fry, set aside, used some cherry tomatoes from the freezer, cooked in Evoo and garlic to prepare bursting tomatoes, set aside.

Did not have enough fettuccine, so, I mix 25% fettuccine with spaghetti for the pasta.

After a couple years of not using my tin lined copper Windsor pot ( very heavy, 3 mm-3.5 mm copper , weighs a ton . I thought I will never get to use it again ) together with the custom ordered chasen black bamboo matcha whisk from Japan, I prepared in a very short time the perfect Alfredo Sauce ( melt 1 /2 stick butter, add around 2 cups of heavy whipping cream), pinch of salt, nutmeg and then slowly added 3 cups of freshly grated parmesan cheese, whisk for a few minutes, added a bit more heavy whipping cream then added a bunch of baby spinach till wilted. This is a wonderful tool for those who like cream sauce such as bernaise and hollandaise sauce. The right equipment is essential for easy quick preparation.
Mixed all together , served with Kirkland’s Chianti Reserva
He ate this with more grated parmesan cheese, ( he can never get enough of parmesan, eat it with almost everything)
Rquest is to add more bursting tomatoes in future. I did use 2 cups of frozen ones but that was not enough.

Picture is left over for a meal for him.

15 Likes

Wife already changed up timely arrival and so I went this route.

12 Likes

Looks so comforting. Lucky family.

Those look scrumptious!

1 Like

Sunday i had a friend’s father’s memorial to go to and I volunteered to bring fruit (and beer). He ordered from a Medi place (hummus, wraps, baba ganoush, lamb meatballs, tabouli, chicken skewers, etc.), and other friends brought dessert stuff and wine. Following the theme, my contribution was a spread of dried chili mangoes, apricots and figs, prunes, dates, marcona almonds, pistachios, olives, herbed labneh balls, feta, sliced cukes with Tajin, mandarins, grapes, cut-up cantaloupe, and golden berries (new to me & delish - apparently they’re also known as ground berries). Very nice event in a very Berkeley space.

I shan’t be cooking until next week, as I’m off to FL Thurs. to visit with friends I know from a FB food group. We will be well-fed and well-toasted!

18 Likes

Thnks @mariacarmen. have fun in FL! Nice tablescape meal.

2 Likes

thanks!

Avocado and mushroom, Blenheim balsamic vinegar, a plate licking moment

Penne with cauliflower, anchovy, Meyer lemon, chili flakes, garlicky crumbs

16 Likes

Interesting combos.

1 Like

Very nice.

@Rooster and @emglow101, wish I could take credit. But this was my guru.

3 Likes

A Biscuit , Ham, Eggs, and Cheese Oven Bake. Ten ingredients total. Lots of thought went into the ideal layering. I was quite pleased with the result. DW thought it unique, and delicious. (Oh dear, I think I just broke my arm, patting myself on the back).

20 Likes

And these 10 layers are?

1 Like

It had me at anchovy.

3 Likes