What's for Dinner #55: The March Forward Into Spring Edition - March 2020

spammer!!!

That pizza looks awesome!

1 Like

Thank you.

!!!

Wow Rooo!!!. perhaps next time some bruschetta???

1 Like

Hey @PHREDDY. Next up is butter chicken to go with.

1 Like

Cheese, blood orange EVOO, Blenheim apricot vinegar

Chicken and grilled pasilla peppers in cream; rice.

14 Likes

Where did you find this?

re Blenheim balsamic vinegar
Where did you find this?

Amphora, San Anselmo
This place is an Alibaba’s cave of mind-blowing flavors.
We bought EVOO pressed with blood oranges. Woohoo… The Blenheim blasamic vinegar which I could gladly drink straight! Then, while I have always hated truffle oil, I fell victim of their bowl of popcorn scented with truffle oil and salt. Bought both.
Sweet people, honest product.

4 Likes

What a website! Thank you.

1 Like

Turkey burger

9 Likes

Straight outta 510 !

If I get a good crop, I’m making this (Blenheim vinegar).

Full disclosure. I’m 707, not 510.

There are hardly any recipes online for something called Rama Peanut Chicken, which is one of my favorite dishes at Kunya Siam, one of the best Thai restaurants in my area. However, this recipe came extremely close. Actually, its as close as I’ve ever come to replicating something I’ve eaten at an Asian restaurant. The sauce is a mixture of coconut milk, fish sauce, red curry paste, peanut butter, brown sugar, ginger, and chili flakes. Really good stuff and I’m surprised at how spot-on this was.

10 Likes

My kiddo would like this - could you share a link please?

I turned leftover green beans, peas, asparagus, and chicken into a stir-fry with baby bok choy and an oyster sauce-based sauce. A great way to rid ourselves of unloved bits and bobs in the fridge. Must repeat.

14 Likes

Here it is. Followed to a T. Only thing I did differently was add chili flakes and I did a side of steamed broccoli instead of the spinach.

Lately, I’ve had problems with recipes being extremely unreliable. But this one nailed it.

4 Likes

I wasn’t expecting to cook dinner tonight, but due to various kid related logistics, I did at the last minute, and to someone else’s menu, which was both annoying and exhausting.

Anyway, thanks for listening to that mini vent.

Dinner was (Indian again, which was annoying to the 2 adults who didn’t choose it) black masoor dal, cauliflower peas, chicken curry, rice, a different (simple) dal for the kids (which I was going to make anyway), and gluten free parathas for the kids (also which I was going to make anyway). I was too exhausted and annoyed to take a pic of my plate.

No indian food tomorrow, for me anyway!

Here’s a pic of my delicious lunch, though - met a friend for vietnamese but the place is apparently closed on Mondays, so we walked over to the Persian restaurant in the same strip mall, and had a delicious meal. A lentil and barley soup to start, then lubia (green bean) polo and chicken kebab for me, and zereshk (barberry) polo with a gravy chicken for her.

14 Likes

Nice. We enjoy that restaurant as well.

1 Like

Oh yay, thank you!

1 Like

RECIPE: Dear Friend Author Maurizio Pelli´s Book in Italian and English …
Beef Black Angus Short Ribs … Today´s Lunch By Barça.

15 Likes