What's for Dinner #55: The March Forward Into Spring Edition - March 2020

gorgeous!

What a Chop!

2 Likes

Made a very brown dinner last night. Tasted better than it looks. Lentils (added to onion, carrot, celery, tomato, zucchini) with feta spinach chicken sausages. Parsley, because green!

11 Likes

That’s like 98.9% of our meals (no sense of color with regards to food, like Mrs P @paryzer). I think it looks absolutely delicious.

2 Likes

Popped into Chinatown on Saturday for what will be my last meal out for a while. Picked up a block of Japanese curry sauce mix at one of the Chinese supermarkets. No chicken at the supermarket today but glad there was breaded chicken. So chicken katsu curry with brown rice and broccoli.

16 Likes

I meant “unlike Mrs. P!” @paryzer but you knew what l meant.

3 Likes

Ha Ha … Thank you for the video …

Have a lovely evening.

I was going to prepare it today however, I realised I did not have eggs. So, Thursday morning, I shall run up Street and get eggs !!!

I’m starting to realize the magnitude of this all. More comfort food. Meatballs and marinara over pasta. Version from milk country magazine. Very tasty.

12 Likes

We made California rolls tonight, not because we relished a project, but because we had the ingredients and waste not, want not. Surimi is one of the proteins I bought with sheltering in place in mind. That’s Sriracha mayo.

21 Likes

Wanted comfort food.

Baked mac & ham & cheese and an uber-simple “salad” of torn iceberg lettuce and radishes with creamy peppercorn dressing.

19 Likes

Those rolls look professionally done. Beautiful.

Aw, thanks! Starting to get the hang of it.

1 Like

Looks delicious. So juicy.

Italian sausage, white bean and chard (and collards) soup.

We just got our “shelter in place” announcement, hubs is at the gym and planning to bring take out, so I might be saving this for tommorow.

Any thoughts on adding chard stems or dried mushrooms? I’m pushing the limits of what husband will tolerate.

It’s an emergency!

10 Likes

Good idea, I have a cucumber, maybe will use can tuna… I don’t remember where I’ve stored my sushi mat though.

3 Likes

Was it hard? And or/fun?

1 Like

Looks fab!

2 Likes

My kinda a comfort meal

1 Like

Use your Silpat!

1 Like

The hardest part is not overfilling them. And fine knife work with a tantruming toddler. The key, I think, is to put the filling on the first third of the rice, closest to you. That way it all ends up in the center of the roll, in the first spiral.

7 Likes