What's for Dinner #55: The March Forward Into Spring Edition - March 2020

Filet sliced and cooked with already caramelized onions, Worcestershire sauce, butter, and thyme. Stewed green beans, and baguette. Wine to drink.

11 Likes

Almost pastrami.

Now, the steamer.

13 Likes

I read it was pie day . Cold smoked salmon , Creme fraiche , dill , pickled red onions lightly sauteed in olive oil , fried capers , topped with a little gorgonzola. Cheers.

18 Likes

I guess thats why I made Pi-strami!

5 Likes

Steamed about one hour, it was about 180 degrees. Going for 203, on a different thread.

Almost 2 hours

11 Likes

Pasta concoction here last night. Sausage, spinach, white bean, onion and a little tomato sauce to loosen it up. Dry white wine was the only side dish :rofl:

16 Likes

The only side dish required

2 Likes

Bel Canto! We still miss that place. My son especially absolutely loved it.

3 Likes

Yes!! Bel Canto. We loved that pizza!!

2 Likes

That was the place! I never would have remembered the name!!

1 Like

I have loved pizza with whole wheat crust ever since experiencing it at Bel Canto way back in the day.

3 Likes

Simply pasta, fresh tomatoes, fresh home grown Genovese Basil, Evoo, aged Reggiano Parmigiani … and a lovely Australian Chardonnay - Sunday Lunch Light …

11 Likes

Beautiful as always, @Barca - hope you’re holding up well over there, despite the lockdown. Best to you & yours.

2 Likes

Sunday Dinner: roast chicken, steamed Yukon Gold potatoes and green beans.

Hellz yes, there was wine. We’re in an effing pandemic…wine is required!

20 Likes

Looks scrumptious. We couldn’t buy a whole chicken at Stop & Shop in Orleans on the Cape Friday. My husband got the last package of a cut up whole chicken for over $13.00. But we are getting a lot of meals from it. Hoping to shop tomorrow and find some corned beef to cook for St. Paddy’s day.

3 Likes

This was in my chest freezer from an earlier purchase, so I’m lucky to have it available. But if you have a Hannaford nearby, try them, as they are working hard to stock both meats and produce.

1 Like

With St. Patrick’s Day two days away, it was time for a Reuben Stromboli!

No booze tonight. Sunday is usually a “night off”.

14 Likes

Grilled chicken Caesar salads tonight. Kiddo had chicken and rice, and ignored the lone piece of dressed Romaine on his plate. I marinated the chicken in lemon, Aleppo chili, rosemary, garlic, Badia Adobo, s&p, and oo.

13 Likes

Nice idea!

2 Likes

Asparagus + Green Goddess

Mac and cheese, first of probably many days of comfort foods
photo%202-1

17 Likes