Stunning !

1 Like

Beautiful plating

1 Like

Many Happy Returns to your partner!

1 Like

Thank you @Barca and @Scubadoo97 :blush:

1 Like

Was amazingly crispy and divinely delicious.

Thank you and have a nice weekend …

2 Likes

recipe please? that looks divine!

Thanks! I made my recipe for pörkölt, amped up the seasonings and tomato paste quite a bit, thinned with broth, and simmered diced potatoes and carrots in it until tender. Done in the IP, natch :grin:.

1 Like

Lentil soup-veg broth with tomato paste base
Crusty bread from sister baker
Frozen pineapple Peach sangria

13 Likes

Tried to reproduce a chef’s recipe from Top Chef last night. The theme was white button mushroom. I could only be approximative as no text recipe was given. The dish was divided into 2 part, one part was a marinate made with herbs like thyme, bay leaves and spices like coriander seeds, curry, cumin…aromates included diced onion, garlic, lemon zest and a lot of lemon juice. Cooked briefly the mushroom for about 5 minutes. Heated up the marinate to a boil, stop and let the mushroom steeped. The second part of the recipe was to prepare a mushroom broth, using the stems of mushrooms and ginger. I substituted with galangal and some lemongrass, I added some diced onion. The broth was served with some thinly sliced raw mushroom. Meal was completed with pork chop.

Verdict, the broth was good with a strong character, given something made rather quickly . I was surprise that the mushroom gave a rather intense taste. The marinated mushroom didn’t work very well, as the time to infuse was not enough (Note the competition time was 1 hour). I guess using tiny mushrooms might work better. I will keep the broth recipe. The marinate I used to poach some chicken thighs for lunch the next day, rather good.

Tonight was a fridge cleaning soup, an old butternut, potatoes, leek, garlic, chicken bones, cured ham skin, cheese rinds, lemon juice… I should get rid of the butternut skin, rather bitter (no photo).

12 Likes

Dinner was decided when I picked up a ball of pizza dough at Hannaford this morning.

Because it’s National Pi Day…it’s roasted broccoli and sausage pizza done in the convection oven.

Yup. Wine.

20 Likes

A long time ago (80’s) there was a restaurant in Lexington, MA that had a deep dish pizza with a whole wheat crust, red sauce, ricotta, Italian sausage and broccoli. We could never order anything else from the menu. Your pizza brings back memories!!

6 Likes

I made my favorite Cook’s Country grilled jerk chicken thighs, creamy mac, and peas with butter, s&p, and dried mint. Everyone dug in (kiddo had simply seasoned chicken).

16 Likes

Fried Mexican cheese

Pasta fazool

12 Likes

Just now catching up on all your delicious dinners! Wow! Very inspiring. I need to get out of my comfort zone.

Was it called Bel Canto? I remember tasting whole wheat pizza for the first time at the one in Cambridge, if memory serves.

1 Like

We had another outstanding dinner at Bloom. Below is a link to the details and pictures for those that might be interested.

3 Likes

Tonight was crabcakes, parmesan roasted potatoes, and spinach. No pics. Not very photogenic.

6 Likes

Maybe not very photogenic but it sounds delicious.

3 Likes

Comfort food in the order of magnitudes was in order for tonight, thus homemade tomato bisque, and grilled, roasted turkey, avocado, bacon and jarlsberg sandwiches on sourdough bread. Did the job nicely.

17 Likes

Meatball sandwiches tonight. 70% beef/30% pork. Milk & bread panade, pinch of oregano, 2 minced garlic cloves, minced parsley, egg, grated parm regg, & s&p. Big old fat balls! Fried then simmered in Rao’s marinara (which is my new love!) last night. Reheated tonight, buttered & toasted the bread, provolone melted under the broiler. Salad was endive, romaine, cherry toms, red onion, with a tomato vinegar & arbequina olive oil dressing. I’m ready for another.

meatball%20sandwich%204

tomato%20vinegar%20salad

18 Likes