Bloom (Verona, NJ)

How about washing? Easy to clean throughly? I guess you use it for different types of wine.

Yes, it is easy to clean. You fill an old wine bottle up with water, and put it in the bottle, and press and hold the button for five seconds, three separate times, to rinse it out.

1 Like

We had another excellent dinner at Bloom. They just got an excellent 3 star review from NJ Monthly. They were slammed tonight. They had to turn away about 10 people without reservations. Besides the usually excellent fried shishito peppers and pork tacos we tried some items from their new menu including a creamy lobster risotto with crispy garlic chips and a perfectly cooked lobster tail on top; steamed cod in a miso consommé; awesome king oyster mushrooms topped with bacon, breadcrumbs, and garlic butter; crispy crab balls; and a taste of the decadent kimchi au gratin with sweet potatoes. It all went great with an excellent Shiraz.

10 Likes

Great looking dinner as always! Menu looks fantastic too. Must be hard to pick, so many terrific sounding dishes.

2 Likes

Thanks Mr. Met! Everything was delicious. Besides a few usual dishes I try to get something new each month.

1 Like

We had another outstanding dinner at Bloom. I was so glad to see that the restaurant was completely full by 6PM, especially during these trying times. It’s great to see people supporting small businesses.
We enjoyed the mushroom, escargot, crispy juicy fried chicken wings with soy and garlic, pork tacos, chicken cordon bleu, and the cod. It all went great with an excellent Black Slate Priorat.

9 Likes

I must thank you and acknowledge my wife has noticed new wine swagger in our home due to your weekly recommendations. I didn’t tell her at first you are responsible but she found my scribble notes :rofl:

2 Likes

I am so happy to be of service, and glad that you are enjoying some nice wines :blush: Are there any in particular that you have enjoyed?

1 Like

This especially.

2 Likes

That is an excellent red blend. I’m glad that you enjoyed it.

1 Like

easy to find also.

1 Like

We are so happy that our beloved Bloom reopened this week for takeout after a 4 month Covid-19 vacation. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

2 Likes

This time we dined outdoors at Bloom and had an outstanding dinner. Details and pictures in the main WFD link below.
What's For Dinner #60 - The Hot August Nights Edition - August 2020

1 Like

We enjoyed another excellent dinner at Bloom. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread.

1 Like

Looks really good. NJ allows indoor dining?

1 Like

Thanks @TheCookie. It was delicious.
Yes, NJ allows indoor dining at 25% capacity. This is a small restaurant but they installed plexiglass shields separating each table.

2 Likes

A wine from Priorat … my side of the planet.

This is quite a gem of red. Celeste !

A conquistador of the palate !!!
Opulent, brilliant intense black cherry toned multi varietal, and possesses matured black fruit aromas and a perfect accompaniment to red meats and wild game (venison and boar)…

We enjoy Priorat reds grown on slate terraces in Flaset, Tarragona.

Some of the best (and quite pricey) reds of the Denomination of Origen Priorat, are from the wine estates of Alvaro Palacios.

2 Likes

Yes, the Black Slate Priorat is a sensational wine!
Have a happy and healthy New Year!

1 Like

Are you Hilaria Baldwin?

My bad, that’s Mallorca…perhaps a Gran Verań from Biniagual?