What's for Dinner #55: The March Forward Into Spring Edition - March 2020

I marinated several chicken thighs in a combo of olive oil, lemon juice, s/p, minced garlic and fresh rosemary, dried oregano, dried parsley, salt, pepper, ground sumac, and paprika. They were roasted at 425° and 350° until done.

Rice pilaf and steamed green beans alongside.

Wine.

14 Likes

@Barca, those are gorgeous!

1 Like

Stay safe! I’ve been (mostly lurking) following you for years now on your posts, hope you’re doing well.

1 Like

Glad to hear…it’s getting a bit nuts here in the city. I’m honestly not sure if I or my cat has more food to wait this out.

2 Likes

I will- thank you!

1 Like

Our final and best takeout of the weekend was at Fernandes Steakhouse in Newark. Below is a link to the details and pictures.

4 Likes

Zucchini parm over rigatoni. Air-fried the zucc to make for a “healthier” plate. But that’s a loose term given all the cheese.

No pics. There was seltzer.

5 Likes

Oof. Multi-culti dinner of take-out leftovers tonight, after our usual fries brunch. Leftover rice and roasted veggies from the Guam place, with a fried egg, leftover ribs seester and I had from a sushi place last night, and a Yucatecan joint’s pickled onion for color/crunch. BF made a salad, thank god. Because, fries brunch.

20%20(2)

16 Likes

Nice egg

2 Likes

Freezer dive again: wild caught white gulf shrimp: made asparagus in black bean sauce w/white rice…

19 Likes

Scrumptious.

2 Likes

Thanks! Craving good Chinese food, this will have to do for now…

2 Likes

Hah, yeah, totally get it - craving a lot of things right now. As weird as it sounds, I’m just trying to be creative as possible while prioritizing the fresh stuff that’ll go bad first…

2 Likes

Sunday night comfort food dinner involved roasting everything in the oven. Small yellow potatoes got the duckfat treatment. There’s a side of rainbow carrots with a drizzle of pomegranate molasses, and steak tips in a maple bourbon marinade.

I list the potatoes first because roasted potatoes sure do a lot to improve one’s mood.

Also this helps with our provisioning situation, because the generous package of marinated steak tips from our butcher will yield another dinner this week. The rest (uncooked) I popped into the freezer.

14 Likes

I would like to learn more about the fries brunch, please. :grin:

1 Like

Asparagus

Beef chuck pot roasted with onions, steamed potatoes

17 Likes

I haven’t had sushi in a month, so as part of a large run at the local Japanese market, picked up a bunch of fish to offer some respite from today’s happenings and ever-so-scrappy meals. This chirashi includes bluefin tuna, chutoro, hokkaido scallop, kanpachi, scottish salmon and tamago.

20 Likes

A couple recent dinners; the H is still doing most of the cooking. You may notice a pattern in our meals. I need to be careful, lest I pick up the Covid-19 (lbs that is) :scream_cat:

In the bowl is Greek Stifado, one of the great comfort foods of all time, IMO.

17 Likes

those shrimp! luscious!

1 Like

It’s fries. at brunch. :grin:

literally, we go to the resto/bar around the corner from our house and order bloody marys and an order (or two) of fries. sometimes I add oysters, sometimes I get a cocktail. But it’s always fries! :slightly_smiling_face:

but since the lock down, we’ve been recreating this at home for the last 2 weeks. it’s been nice!

8 Likes