What's for Dinner #55: The March Forward Into Spring Edition - March 2020

X 2!

3 Likes

Simply beautiful plate!

6 Likes

Veg stock and tomato puree.

1 Like

Old school Friday night dinner.
Roast chicken, asparagus, mushroom farfel, and Mr Bean’s homemade pickles.

13 Likes

That looks scrumptious. I forget - are you in Singapore?

We tried takeout from Tim’s Po-Boys and Wings in Hawthorne, NJ for the first time. Thanks for the recommendation @CurlzNJ! This was our first al fresco dinner of the year on a beautiful 70 degree day. We had fried shrimp and oyster po boys along with what turned out to be our favorite, spicy BBQ pork. We also had sweet potato fries and fried pickles. It all went great with an excellent California red blend wine.

image|700x700

15 Likes

Hahaha. No where close to Singapore - I’m in New Jersey

LOL, must have been someone else.

1 Like

i like its chunkiness. and it’s seasoned well, for me. i used to find other jarred sauces too sweet, not salty enough.

1 Like

BF reheated and sliced the leftover pork chop, made delicious mushroom gravy to go with, asparagus that he left in the oven a little too long, and a slice of my tortilla de patata.

i made the tortilla slightly runnier inside than I usually do. i overcooked the bottom a bit, but it still tasted good.

17 Likes

Totally understand. After a couple of (then) extraordinary meals in house, and after they started selling this sauce, I used to buy it in quarts by the case. Then I started trying to clone it. Then, ta-dah, I surpassed it. But it ia always nice to have one jar in the larder when not a home-did jar in the freezer.

5 Likes

drool-worthy! :drooling_face:

1 Like

We continue our simple larder meals.
Fresh cheese with family recipe dressing

Unexpectedly delicious and well received chard stems gratin.

Commercial/packaged lobster ravioli, butter and Parmesan

18 Likes

Are you talking about @thwysg? Didn’t see her for a while.

3 Likes

Loved the plating of the first two dishes!

1 Like

Yep.

DH went in and basically shut down his office today. He was home at lunch. I went in early and packed up some work and grabbed my laptop. Hit the tennis ball together for about an hour. Dinner was burgers (with jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, mustard, special sauce, and pickled onions). Baked rosemary fries for a side. I had sazerac, Dh had bourbon.

16 Likes

Pizza Friday here.

Dietarily constrained folks had gf crust with raos for sauce and vegan cheese.

The rest had homemade crust (I made and froze the dough last week) with raos and indian cheese (Amul) because the mozzarella didn’t make it in last night’s grocery delivery.

Salad and roasted brussel sprouts to round it out.

Homemade crust was tasty, if a bit salty.

We’ve done leftovers for lunch the past two days, which has worked well.

10 Likes

Simple fried chicken cutlets and mashed potatoes tonight. No pics. Devoured too quickly.

Off this weekend, so several adult beverages.

6 Likes

Found a whole chicken at the market yesterday which I had not seen for a week or two, there were four left. First it was Spatchcocked.

Next step to rub it with some evoo, garlic, s&p, Worstcestershire, white wine. Added carrots, diced yellow onion, diced celery, and red potatoes that were halved.

Into a 400 degree oven for 1 hour…

Staying put, at the south Florida ranch relaxing and enjoying a real comfort meal.
Be careful/ be safe everyone!

16 Likes