What's for Dinner #55: The March Forward Into Spring Edition - March 2020

Dinner tonight: Angel Hair pasta with monastery sauce, Parmesan reggiano and grated Romano cheeses. Sauce from freezer. Fresh green beans, sautéed in butter, s&p. A glass of red for H, I haven’t tried it yet. Had a small glass of Chardonnay before dinner.

12 Likes

Wow, you’re sharp-eyed, the plates arrived yesterday via the post! I’ve tried to collect each time a few items from this Serax collection (scroll to the bottom of the page).

Stunning! Wish I had your postman!

1 Like

Friday Lunch.
Frittura = Fresh wild fish battered in ecological chickpea flour, fried zucchine, fresh fried arcs of calamari and more deliciousness. Calzone to start off with. The finale a simple pappardella All´uovo, egg pasta with a simple fresh tomato sauce with fresh basil … Marinara …

17 Likes

Lovely. I can hear the crispiness from here.

2 Likes

Mrs. P made an awesome arugula salad with grilled shrimp and fennel that also included minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, paprika, pine nuts, olive oil, oranges, mini peppers, crispy duck cracklings, radishes, and balsamic :yum: It all went great with Sailor’s Superstition red blend aged in rum barrels.

16 Likes

I made a huge pot of beef Goulaschsuppe:

16 Likes

Jeeze what a week. Carbs were in order. Grilled pizza.

Stay safe friends and wash your hands!

15 Likes

Friday Night Dinner: NY Strip Steak with Ballymaloe Steak Sauce, a big-ass baked tater with the PSTOB and sour cream, and asparagus.

And wine. Which thankfully was the only thing I had to stock up on tonight.

15 Likes

I bet you’re appreciative of that working deep freezer inventory right now, eh?

1 Like

I thank my late mother for gifting me that small chest freezer in 1997 when she moved from PA to MA in 1997. :heart:

9 Likes

Chili

15 Likes

Stunning !

1 Like

Beautiful plating

1 Like

Many Happy Returns to your partner!

1 Like

Thank you @Barca and @Scubadoo97 :blush:

1 Like

Was amazingly crispy and divinely delicious.

Thank you and have a nice weekend …

2 Likes

recipe please? that looks divine!

Thanks! I made my recipe for pörkölt, amped up the seasonings and tomato paste quite a bit, thinned with broth, and simmered diced potatoes and carrots in it until tender. Done in the IP, natch :grin:.

1 Like

Lentil soup-veg broth with tomato paste base
Crusty bread from sister baker
Frozen pineapple Peach sangria

13 Likes