What's For Dinner #54 - The Leap Month Edition - February 2020

Yum, that looks so succulent!

Add probiotics!

Slightly OT but…

If heartburn is a regular thing, I strongly endorse Fast Tract Digestion by Norm Robillard! Made me waaaay better. I can eat anything but lactose now without supplements or meds.

1 Like

Jambalaya, with chicken and andouille sausage (no seafood because of BF). A little runnier than expected because he added water to heat it up tonight. Very good, but could have used more heat, Frank’s RedHot at the table to the rescue. Looked at a couple of recipes and loved that this one called for stirring in a chunk of butter before serving.

13 Likes

looks great! BF lurrrrvves Cevapcici, we ate it all over Eastern Europe in 2005. will have to show him this recipe.

1 Like

For a while, I thought I had a serious problem. Then as fast as it came, it disappeared (ironically right around the time I stopped drinking Rook coffee-- a local chain). I still preemptively take the antacids after certain meals, though.

Now I only really get heartburn if I don’t eat for long periods of time. I’ve never been one for breakfast except maybe a roll. I head to work around noon and sometimes don’t eat anything the whole day until 4 or 5 pm when my time frees up. That’s when I’ll feel it, if at all.

1 Like

Tuesday pizza night. Dried porcini reconstituted. Anchovie filet to dress . Beech mushrooms. Topped after cooking with gorgonzola . Cheers.

11 Likes

That looks amazing!

Now, how could that be bad?

3 Likes

I made pot pie with leftover chicken stew sans kale gnocchi.

17 Likes

Last “just for me” dinner.

Blistered shishitos, Arzak egg, grilled green onions, cold roast chicken with Green Goddess, sauteed potato

13 Likes

Tsardusted pan-seared pork chop with plum ketchup, Israeli couscous and green beans. It was really good.

14 Likes

Beautiful plate @pilgrim.

1 Like

Thanks. But what is really beautiful is the inside of my fridge! Nothing but cheese, catsup and friends. Either ate or tossed anything that couldn’t defend itself!

I had to google. Cool!

2 Likes

That crust :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve tripped into a lack-of-inspiration abyss.

Last couple of nights have been leftovers and pizza - last night got my vegetables in along with junk food before a movie - a spinach ricotta slice from my favorite local place (I love their crust, and they have an addictive house hot sauce that should be weird but is actually perfect).

Tonight I struggled. Intended to cook the rest of the package of ground beef from the cheung fun adventure, but nothing appealed.

So… more leftovers - English muffins and focaccia from last week’s baking, with boiled eggs (and calabrian chile sauce to perk me up).

11 Likes

Hard boiled eggs . All looks delicious.

2 Likes

Current mood needed chocolate. So, magic mousse - water + chocolate. Hit the spot.

7 Likes

Getting there . Bread was a little under done . 440 degrees for 25 minutes. Going to increase to 465 next time . 3600 feet . Tasty . Mussels Wednesday. Tomato, beech mushrooms. Cheers.

16 Likes

A Carib-a-lo chicken breast from my local butcher (their Caribbean marinade with a Buffalo sauce), convection-roasted Herbs de Provence potatoes, and steamed broccoli.

And some wine to start the long weekend early…even though I still have to work tomorrow.

12 Likes