What's For Dinner #54 - The Leap Month Edition - February 2020

Got it. Yeah, that’s a bit out of my price range as well.

1 Like

that looks amazing! I have never heard of this dish (hangs head in shame) and I’ve been eating Peruvian food all my life. Will have to look it up!

2 Likes

Grouper piccata again :pensive:

14 Likes

Lovely looking meatloaf …

1 Like

It was a tad dry, unfortunately. I think perhaps because it was a meatloaf mix (1/3 ground beef, pork and veal) so there was less fat in there. I had added an egg, but didn’t give it enough moisture, I’m afraid.

Any chance it was overcooked? I use lean turkey and it stays moist as long as I use a parade and don’t overbake.

2 Likes

???

1 Like

Panade = starch (bread, potato, etc) and liquid, added to meatloaf or pate.

3 Likes

Oops, panade

1 Like

Possible. I used garlic seasoned Panko crumbs as the dry binder, but was plenty moist going into the small loaf pan… so much I had to pour some liquid out halfway through. And I was testing out my new Breville Smart Pro convection toaster oven. So the convection method probably helped dried it out.

1 Like

A simple dinner tonight. TJs Mandarin Orange Chicken, the sauce augmented with orange juice, hoisin sauce, and freshly grated ginger. Sides were basmati rice and peas.

Wine. It’s the weekend.

12 Likes

LOL parades are key

5 Likes

Homemade chicken noodle soup for the resident man cold.

12 Likes

I think I forgot to post my last 3 dinners this week, all made by the BF while i’m recovering from this #!!@*#!@ cold:

BF made dal, as I had it and other Indian ingredients in the house that he was curious about. Also made the bread, but doesn’t remember what it was called. (not paratha, not naan, not puri…) Made my favorite cilantro chutney, store-bought pickled peppers. Also reheated a small pork chop I’d cooked because it had to be eaten or thrown out. Super tasty meal, and see what a pretty plater he is? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Last night, we split the other pork chop that had to eaten, and he made sherried mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and a salad.

And tonight, meatballs I’d brought home from a meat market at the Ferry Bldg. (big fat tasty pork ones) with my tomato sauce from the freezer. He made polenta and a salad.

19 Likes

Pretty and scrummy meal. Kudos to the BF.

It’s 4am here at home but I’m on Baja Sur time. I’d wolf down that gorgeous potato mash like an animal. Looking forward to eating potatoes again after 4 weeks of fish tacos (which were all yummy).

PS: please look into your frequent colds, I mean thoroughly. Don’t rule out work stress. Your health is paramount.:face_with_thermometer:

7 Likes

Mushrooms, Blenheim vinegar, EVOO

Chicken enchiladas Suizas

14 Likes

Started with more “fasting food” I like, since I was on a roll - tapioca and potato fritters for a snack / first course.

Dinner was a beet and potato curry to use up the beets that have been languishing in the fridge.

14 Likes

Enchiladas look fab!

I need to understand “fasting food”, since it looks like feasting food to me. Is it just without animal product? I could live this way for a long time.

i’d trade you all my mash for tus tacos de pescado! swooon…

and believe, me, I’m healthy as a horse usually. it’s “just” another cold. i’ve heard of lots of other folks getting them multiple times this season. I’m very lucky to have a job (and mostly life) that’s pretty stress-free, at least for now! but thanks for your concern. :kissing_heart:

3 Likes