What's For Dinner #54 - The Leap Month Edition - February 2020

Ugh - hope you feel better soon. Another plug for turmeric…

1 Like

Asparagus (on sale at Whole Foods), Meyer lemon “beurre blanc”

Penne with vodka sauce

15 Likes

Gorgeous

1 Like

I was very well-behaved (well, for me :roll_eyes:) at the indian and asian markets today… though I did have to rearrange the freezer and fridge to fit everything in, lol.

Picked up one of my favorite kababs for dinner along with a ww naan. Sautéed spinach and some of yesterday’s lentils with zucchini and coconut rounded out the meal.

Yogurt and honey for dessert.

As an aside, I’m excited to attempt cheung fun again - bought some additional starches to tweak the texture issues last week… fingers crossed!

15 Likes

I want to dive face first into both those plates… gorgeous and delicious!

2 Likes

Ooh white asparagus!

Hope you will be better soon. My record was 5 colds in the same winter. Maybe a flu shot next winter? Vitamins helps for colds.

2 Likes

@ChristinaM @Saregama

Thanks for your tips, will try to check out Ottolenghi Simple as well, I think I have the ebook somewhere.

1 Like

I’m going to be out of town for a few days so I am trying to use up everything in the fridge. I still had the green papaya I bought a while back (same shopping trip as the okra) so I decided to make a paw paw salad for dinner. The rest of the meal was random crap thrown on a plate. Not pretty - so no picture - but effective in getting rid of things .

11 Likes

Perfection on a plate. Even the (adorable!) animal knows that!

1 Like

Perfection composition!

3 Likes

You can just google Ottolenghi black garlic - he’s used it before too, in Plenty and/or Plenty More, so there are recipes out there.

Thank you… i did get a flu shot and take vitamins. it’s just a bad cold season. Five! wow, i’m hoping not to beat that record! a woman in another food group got laryngitis and had it for i think 3 weeks - dr. told her not to talk at all for 2 weeks, thought she might lose her voice for good! I’m on day 3, but I’m not completely voiceless.

2 Likes

Honey, drink some honey!

3 Likes

Hot water and salt gargles a couple of times a day are soothing. Also sipping on warm/hot liquids - even just water with salt (or bouillon), or water with honey and lemon if you prefer sweet.

1 Like

2 weeks of not talking??? Holy moly. I would struggle with that. I talk all day long on the phone for work.

1 Like

Giouvetsi with lamb shanks tonight. Curried lentils, roasted acorn squash and garden salad as sides.

4 Likes

I’ve been preparing a lot more Japanese food at home in order to eat healthier. Here’s a chirashi I made featuring sustainably raised bluefin chutoro + hand-chopped negitoro, Scottish salmon, Hokkaido scallops and tamago.

17 Likes

That looks amazing!

2 Likes

With the flu I had earlier this month, it wouldn’t have been much of a problem as it drove me to sleep most of the day. Like 20 hours. And when I was up, I had nothing to say.

2 Likes