What's For Dinner #54 - The Leap Month Edition - February 2020

I discovered some meatloaf during freezer clearing… so, pan-fried (korean-ish) meatloaf with the rest of last night’s beets and rice.

Yeah it’s weird - I started making mashed potatoes and turkish stewed green beans to accompany the meatloaf when I discovered it, but the green beans needed more time, so I’ll have that meal another day :joy:

The sweet/spicy tomato & onion curry on the beets actually went very well with the meatloaf (the original glaze couldn’t really be detected).

10 Likes

Dinner is Grilled Nymar octopus tentacles ( from Costco)
Marinaded the cooked Nymar octopus tentacles ) in EVoo, zest and juice of a home grown Meyer lemon, coastal sea food seasoning and fennel pollen.
Grilled for a few minutes till charred.
Served with spring mix and fennel in a vinaigrette dressing of lemon juice, lime juice and their zest, honey , garlic, and Japanese red and green yuzu kosho. on the side .

Also had some left over from lunch stir fry duck legs from maple duck, marinade d

in chinese spices ( Szechuan Broad bean, chili crisp, Xo , sesame oil and rice wine) stir fry with vegetables.

14 Likes

That looks great. Mrs. P would definitely approve :blush:

1 Like

Piss-poor plates after these feasts, but it was what is was.

Veg soup (white asparagus trimmings, celery, onion, potato, lettuce) enriched with hefty knob of butter, garnished with bacon, rosemary blossoms, mushrooms, nasturtium leaves

11 Likes

Octopus :heart_eyes:

1 Like

We had another outstanding dinner at Drew’s. Details and pictures are in the link below.

1 Like

Was the bread chapati?

1 Like

No, he finally figured it out, bhatura!

The whole meal looks so delicious!

Are they from the garden? Actually how it tastes?

I think I’ve eaten this in restaurants but forgot the flavour.

Lovely BF! And great food! In my case, it would probably be some takeout food. LOL. Last time when I was sick, he cooked some pasta with tomato sauce seasoning with sugar instead of salt! He used to cook, wonder what had happened?! :thinking:

Speedy recovery!

4 Likes

Chicken tajine with saffron, lemon confit and green olives

Araignée, spider steak, I don’t know how to translate this. H said it’s the most tender piece of beef, and usually butchers keep it for themselves. Served with onion confit and wine vinegar reduction.

Ravioli with cheese, lemon and ginger.

Gnocchi with sausage and leek

16 Likes

Wow :heart_eyes:to all of that!

2 Likes

I can see how the circulating hot air might increase water evaporation, and it definitely cooks faster - so yep.

2 Likes

I recognize that grill. TEC?

He deep fried bhatura? That’s commitment!

(I mean, the rest of the meal too, but it’s usually the bread where I lose steam :joy:)

1 Like

Sunday dinner…
Beef Barley Soup with rustic rye bread as a dipper.

7 Likes

@naf, do you need a “young” house person, someone to horse your packages, scrub your carrots, consume excess gnochi…

1 Like

Sichuan red-braised beef with jasmine rice and roasted cauliflower. The lightly spicy broth was comforting for all our colds.

11 Likes

A quiet, lazy day spent sleeping in and reading. I did finally put away 3 loads of laundry, change the bed, and start a new load of laundry. But there was nothing ambitious on my agenda.

Turkey tenderloin marinated in firecracker marinade, then roasted in the toaster oven. The marinade was boiled, reduced, a bit of sugar added, then it was mounted with butter.

Mashed sweet potatoes with butter, heavy cream, s/p, and grated nutmeg, along with steamed asparagus.

There was wine. I’ll watch the final 2 series finale episodes of “Criminal Minds” for tubular watching.

14 Likes