What's for Dinner #53 - the Start of the New Decade Edition - January 2020

that’s a bummer. that chicken looks fabulous!

Little frenched pork chops marinated since yesterday morning in yogurt, smoked paprika, fresh ginger, garlic, brown sugar, cumin, granulated garlic & onion, evoo, s&p, then rubbed them with bourbon smoked sugar and hot adobo powder. Seared in CI pan, finished in oven. Tender and juicy! Love how well yogurt works so I don’t have to buy a whole container of buttermilk that I’ll have to throw away most of. Crash hot potatoes with cayenne, granulated garlic & onion, smoked paprika, s&p, evoo & butter. Salad of romaine, pepperoncini, cherry toms, shallots, Marie’s blue cheese, and florets of the turmeric-pickled cauliflower I made yesterday.

14 Likes

omg love all of it… especially the green goddess dressing… but those tortellini look so tender!

yum, those look perfect!

1 Like

beautiful!

those are all amazing looking dishes, but those mushrooms!

1 Like

The pork chop presentation (as well as those potatoes and the rest of the meal) looks and sounds amazing.

2 Likes

thank you! quite a compliment coming from you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Pork Chop Murphy. Dangerously hot cherry peppers, onions, and potatoes. Deglazed in dry vermouth…again. :grin:

There was no martini, but there will be antacids. :dizzy_face:

12 Likes

Goodness! Good luck with the move, @PHREDDY reddy! Where will you be in FL?

1 Like

Leaning on the simple for dinner prep since winter blew in a few days ago…
Bratwurst & onions poached in Simpler Times Pilsner Beer. Accompanied by boxed Rice A Roni Wild Rice (quite good).

10 Likes

East Coast, Boynton Beach, FL

3 Likes

Congratulations on your move, @PHREDDY!

I’m sure you brought with you many cherished memories from the home you’ve known. May you make wonderful new memories in the home you are about to discover.

6 Likes

Congrats to you @PHREDDY! Best.

1 Like

One-Skillet Chicken with Buttery Orzo from Bon Appetite Magazine. This has all my favorite flavors lemon, fennel and butter (is that even a flavor). Very good and very easy. I did make 2 changes. I omitted the leek but added garlic, and I used dry white vermouth instead of white wine.

tv

18 Likes

Hope the best to you! You will have some new memories, brave move!

2 Likes

After a few days in the mountains, I started feeling that dreaded tickle in the throat. I’ve been doing my “ain’t got time for sick” tactics (zinc, mega doses of vitamin c, tea, soup, 8pm bedtime). Today, I made chicken stock and chicken noodle soup. I’m feeling better and cautiously optimistic. I know some of that is questionable in actual science but I also believe it will work!!!

18 Likes

It does work . I always sleep with socks on also when getting that grimy feeling

2 Likes

Bagged some chicken thighs with sprigs of thyme and SV’d the other day and then tossed in the fridge

Pulled out a 3 pack today and after warming pulled meat from bone. Plopped it into a dish with the bag juices and into the counter top oven to re-warm and reduce. Had a bag of cut collards in the fridge and braised that earlier today with a little diced onion.

Reheated them while finishing the chicken. The chicken was good the collards hit my buttons big time

7 Likes

I nearly always sleep with socks on! :grin:

1 Like