What's for Dinner #53 - the Start of the New Decade Edition - January 2020

Dinner for mom’s birthday last night at Nonna’s in Englishtown NJ.

This followed a breakfast in the morning prepared by yours truly (BF made the raspberry danishes from scratch the night before):

16 Likes

I would braise some lamb shanks or lamb stew meat in it @ChristinaM. Think it would would be delish.

2 Likes

My, my, my!

8 Likes

Reverse seared two thick cut pork chops tonight. I’m now a fan!

Pan fried a few left over potatoes as a go-with.

10 Likes

Or even a little ground chicken or legumes with a tad bit of sour cream.

1 Like

Okay, blaming you @gcaggiano and having a sip of Bombay Sapphire. :cocktail::monkey:

3 Likes

Hell yeah! I’ll be having one or three tomorrow. That’s my Saturday night drink. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Happy weekend! I’m sure your mom had a great b-day - you’re a good son! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Aww thank you!

Enjoy your 'tini!

Hope there was wine. I hab a berry bad cold and I can’t hear. I need a hot toddy.

I went with my favorite Friday night dinner: steak tips with Ballymaloe steak sauce, a gigantor baked tater (although I tried to not go with my usual PSTOB), and carrots, peas, and TJs roasted corn. There was wine.

16 Likes

I was worried someone would say it “looks like the dog’s breakfast,” as Ina Garten would put it.

3 Likes

I repurposed chickpea curry into a chicken curry with coconut milk, served over quinoa. It was pretty good.

12 Likes

Not here. We know luscious soups when we see them, Christina.

1 Like

I’m diving into that photo.

1 Like

Ditto that. Wish it were mine, mine, mine!

3 Likes

DH wanted to experiment with dressings so asked for bare cucumber.

He drizzled it with Blenheim apricot balsamic and Orange EVOO recently gifted by dinner guests. He scarfed the entire plate so I guess it worked.

I did get my share of sausage and pepper pasta which worked for me.

11 Likes

One dressing I like for cucumber is . Also I’ll add some sliced red onion into the dressing beforehand. 1/4 cup each of all these ingredients . White sugar , seasoned rice vinegar. I like the organic marukan . Water . I slice the cucumbers on the mandoline. I prefer the English. Refrigerate for a hour good to go . Top with cilantro if you like . Julienned carrots add some nice texture and color also .

4 Likes

Indeed. This is a wonderful condiment for grilled chicken and fish, for rice, for noodles. Refreshing and adding zest at the same time.

1 Like

Cheers to you now, as I sip my Bombay Sapphire. :smile:

1 Like