What's for Dinner #53 - the Start of the New Decade Edition - January 2020

Thank you!

Breakfast for dinner Sunday night:
Loaded egg scramble & Wright’s Hickory Smoked Thick Cut Bacon…

11 Likes

Welcome back! Looks tasty.

1 Like

We had an excellent mini HO down Sunday night at Il Nido in Marlboro, NJ, with the lovely @CurlzNJ and @MsBean and the delightful Mr Bean :slightly_smiling_face: Below is a link to the details and mouth watering pictures.

4 Likes

That’s more than an inch!! Yum!

1 Like

Flops can happen. Especially if you just wing it like I do and not follow a known recipe. I seem to stay far away from recipes most of the time and just let creativity lead the way with what’s on hand. It’s always a surprise. And whether you flop or not you learn from the process. Enjoy the ride

6 Likes

Lovely food, looks like fun too!!

1 Like

The lovely thing to share fllops here, people are eagar to help and to encourage to avoid a future flop.

1 Like

Yes, it was a lot of fun meeting up with some fellow HO members!

My son’s birthday yesterday. He loves lamb so…

BJ’s had the fattest pair of shanks in their meat case, I bought a few. They were huge, plenty of leftovers

14 Likes

Cashew beef

14 Likes

A Vietnamese dish called Shaking Beef, with grape tomatoes and pickled red onion. Accompanied by a side of roast cauliflower & carrots.

18 Likes

Luscious. That looks so good!

2 Likes

Saw Just Mercy (excellent) and came home to pizza dough rising nicely. Baked two small pesto/mozz cheese flatbreads and sautéed garlic spinach. Tomorrow 1917 and grilled chicken subs.

I’m on a movie jag!

R

7 Likes

Tonight I made this Jewish pomegranate chicken in the Instant Pot, served over freekeh boiled in cumin broth. I used b/s thighs and an immersion blender to smooth the sauce.

Sweet and crunchy kale salad with homemade dressing on the side.

14 Likes

@Scubadoo97
@naf

I am very acquainted with food flops. They are way more prevalent when I’m using a recipe than when I wing it. I’ve never gotten the hang of following directions. I used to teach cooking classes and there were way too many times when class participants had to “remind” me to do something called for in the recipe.

2 Likes

You give two people same recipe and ingredients and it would come out completely different. I might look something up for a guide. I don’t follow them at all . And how boring would that be .

2 Likes

Steak night!

Was flying solo tonight, so that meant a nice slab of red meat

13 Likes

When I do look at recipes it is as mentioned, a guide to the basic components and methods

3 Likes

Spot on .