What's for Dinner #53 - the Start of the New Decade Edition - January 2020

Oh @emglow101, that is exactly the way I like my split pea soup, texture wise. I’m sure it tasted beyond incredible too! Don’t like the thick, sludgy stuff. Haven’t made any in a while, but have put it on the list.

2 Likes

@ChristinaM - can’t find your post about all the cooking you did for the new mamas. That is such a nice thing to do and most surely appreciated. Out of curiosity, what goes into the lactation cookies?

1 Like

We had takeout from Bamboo Village, a local Chinese restaurant that is 5 minutes away from us. We never heard of it and it was listed (undeservedly) as a NJ Monthly top 30 new restaurant of 2019. Below is a link to details and pictures.

3 Likes

Shrooms

Oysters

9 Likes

Dinner was grocery store sushi while working on some dips. The first was a smoked and grilled eggplant purée, followed by puréed red peppers mixed with tomato paste currently being simmered and reduced

4 Likes

Happy New Year of the Rat!!! Anyone else celebrating?

9 Likes

Not really but both dh and I are rats. GO, RATS!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

Down for the count, once again. I have the flu now. I’ve eaten two pieces of toast in two days. Then tonight, the BF made pork dumplings and I was actually hungry so I had two.

Disastrous results. :frowning:

4 Likes

What an amazing menu!

:slightly_frowning_face: Extremely super bummer . Get well

5 Likes

Such a beige plate - but there was a green salad on the side. Potato fennel gratin, half of a filet cooked with butter, rosemary, and garlic, toasted baguette, and wine.

9 Likes

By food tonight is also beige . Involves pork and rice. Cheers. :wine_glass:

I was sorry to hear you were sick on your trip, and again now too! Take care of yourself, it’s a pretty nasty virus this year.

2 Likes

Get well soon!

1 Like

How to fix leftovers, dinner 3.
Wracked my brain for a few hours trying to come up with a prep using the rest of the country ribs & potatoes from a few nights ago. Had a loaf pan. Had a tube of buttermilk biscuits. Had a can of peas and carrots. Wife was quite skeptical…

On a dreary, drizzly, cold Friday evening, the dish served its purpose:

13 Likes

Aw, thanks! They were a chocolate chip cookie base (sans chocolate) with ww pastry flour, dried sweetened blueberries, toasted pecans, cooked steel-cut oats, molasses, and brewer’s yeast. I would add flax meal next time.

My favorite cheap French sauvignon blanc from Trader Joe’s. :grin:

It was also in the dish.

3 Likes

That stinks, I hope you’re better soon!

1 Like

That looks like the perfect snow day meal. I’ll have to keep that in mind.

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved: no fair. I hope you’re feeling better very soon!

1 Like