What's for Dinner #53 - the Start of the New Decade Edition - January 2020

Vegan Salad - Tofu skins, Chinese celery, Portobello mushrooms, peppers, carrots, black fungus & spring onion with a simple dressing of salt, pinch of sugar and sesame oil.

13 Likes

I’m sure I’ll have plenty of flops but not so sure I’ll share!

Thank you!

Breakfast for dinner Sunday night:
Loaded egg scramble & Wright’s Hickory Smoked Thick Cut Bacon…

11 Likes

Welcome back! Looks tasty.

1 Like

We had an excellent mini HO down Sunday night at Il Nido in Marlboro, NJ, with the lovely @CurlzNJ and @MsBean and the delightful Mr Bean :slightly_smiling_face: Below is a link to the details and mouth watering pictures.

4 Likes

That’s more than an inch!! Yum!

1 Like

Flops can happen. Especially if you just wing it like I do and not follow a known recipe. I seem to stay far away from recipes most of the time and just let creativity lead the way with what’s on hand. It’s always a surprise. And whether you flop or not you learn from the process. Enjoy the ride

6 Likes

Lovely food, looks like fun too!!

1 Like

The lovely thing to share fllops here, people are eagar to help and to encourage to avoid a future flop.

1 Like

Yes, it was a lot of fun meeting up with some fellow HO members!

My son’s birthday yesterday. He loves lamb so…

BJ’s had the fattest pair of shanks in their meat case, I bought a few. They were huge, plenty of leftovers

14 Likes

Cashew beef

14 Likes

A Vietnamese dish called Shaking Beef, with grape tomatoes and pickled red onion. Accompanied by a side of roast cauliflower & carrots.

18 Likes

Luscious. That looks so good!

2 Likes

Saw Just Mercy (excellent) and came home to pizza dough rising nicely. Baked two small pesto/mozz cheese flatbreads and sautéed garlic spinach. Tomorrow 1917 and grilled chicken subs.

I’m on a movie jag!

R

7 Likes

Tonight I made this Jewish pomegranate chicken in the Instant Pot, served over freekeh boiled in cumin broth. I used b/s thighs and an immersion blender to smooth the sauce.

Sweet and crunchy kale salad with homemade dressing on the side.

14 Likes

@Scubadoo97
@naf

I am very acquainted with food flops. They are way more prevalent when I’m using a recipe than when I wing it. I’ve never gotten the hang of following directions. I used to teach cooking classes and there were way too many times when class participants had to “remind” me to do something called for in the recipe.

2 Likes

You give two people same recipe and ingredients and it would come out completely different. I might look something up for a guide. I don’t follow them at all . And how boring would that be .

2 Likes

Steak night!

Was flying solo tonight, so that meant a nice slab of red meat

13 Likes