What's for Dinner #53 - the Start of the New Decade Edition - January 2020

I made pizzas again! Used the oyster mushrooms from a mushroom growing kit I got for Christmas from my secret santa! Mine was an onion/shallot/garlic saute topped with a copious amount of oyster and regular button mushrooms. My husband’s was pepper, onion, spicy sausage and very light cheese.

18 Likes

Beautiful mushrooms that you put to superb use. Impressive!

3 Likes

Thank you Eli! I am no where close to Mrs P’s talents but I do look forward to cooking more as well as posting.

2 Likes

LOL! I have plenty of coats, but I only use the puffy one with fur around the hood the most, it keeps me really warm compared to the others.

2 Likes

I had exactly the same oyster mushroom kit. Tried to have a third harvest, not much growth. Was fun though.

2 Likes

Prawn rice vermicelle noodles with a frozen shrimp broth made a while ago with shrimps shells and heads.

Smoked wild salmon and truite roe salad

Brittany oysters gifted by neighbours for taking care of their cat during their vacation.

White pork sausage with butter cooked apple (see more here)

Puffy pastry pizza with cream cheese, tomatoes, anchovies, black olive pesto and arugula

Northern French Carbonade Flamande beef stew cooked with Belgium beer. (more here)

Stuffed squid with wine cooked rice, tarragon, shallot etc with a tomato sauce. Fennel fritters with cream cheese and aneth. (fennel fritters recipe from Nelly Kerrison here)

23 Likes

Incredible. Nice meal plan.

3 Likes

Glad to see you here, back again!

1 Like

I have to admit that our last winter visit to Paris, like 2019, we were the only people of either sex without one of these. They work.

3 Likes

I’m trying to get a second growth now!

1 Like

I guess a puffy jacket is practical, it rains all the time here. Other material for coat is nice but only on non raining days. But this is just me.

4 Likes

Hopefully you will do well. I’ve heard you can add leftover coffee as fertiliser.

1 Like

That’s something I have plenty of! I use a pound a week to make a batch of cold brew coffee. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Wow! You have been cooking!

2 Likes

Thx. But should have posted more often… :wink:

2 Likes

I’d been home from our trip 8 hrs and needed to scratch the cooking itch. Invited our (mostly) vegan friends for Indian food - all recipes lightly modified from The Essential Indian Instant Pot Cookbook.

-Black-eyed peas curry - adding spinach (p. 37)
-[Mock chicken and butternut cubes] Makhani (p. 82)
-Mixed vegetables in tomato and cashew sauce/Navratan korma (p. 92 - but made on stovetop)
-Cumin [brown] rice - on the stovetop (p. 52)

Also served warmed packaged naan. This was my first time cooking from this book, and I thought it was great, if a little heavy with the salt.

I laid out cucumbers dusted with chaat masala and roasted cashews as nibbles before. They brought beer and wine, plus Justin’s peanut butter chocolate cups for dessert. The kiddos ate…naan and rice. Don’t know why I bothered omitting the chilies in everything.

A good time.

14 Likes

Yes, I’ll agree to that.

1 Like

A quiet and another WARM day. The boyz enjoyed having windows opened both up and downstairs. Tonight it’ll drop 50° to more Januaryish temps.

Went with a light dinner…which gives me leftovers: an asparagus and pancetta quiche with shallots, red bell peppers, thyme, and goat cheese. T’was yum. Yes, there was a glass of wine.

19 Likes

The amount of time I need to spend in a coat like that is minimal so it doesn’t make sense for me. Plus I’m fat enough, so I don’t need any extra padding.

No doubt you will. And no contests here! I share my flops :grimacing::grin: