What's for Dinner #51 - the It's Dark Outside! Edition - November 2019

Enoki mushrooms, tofu and aburaage (deep fried beancurd puff).

4 Likes

Pan seared salmon with green beans in Thai red curry sauce. Super simple thanks to Maesri curry paste but very delicious.

12 Likes

Made some dandanmian using a recipe from Fuschia Dunlop’s The Food of Sichuan, which is a new edition of her book Land of Plenty.

18 Likes

How are they different?

1 Like

Turkey dirty rice with zucchini and kidney beans. Tasty.

11 Likes

We had another excellent dinner at Ammata Thai. Details and pictures in the below link.

5 Likes

Changes include new pictures, some updated recipes, and some new recipes. In her own words:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3KWyPzn_6Y/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

For one example, the dandanmian recipe was slightly different in the new edition - it included sweet flour sauce in the pork topping and sesame paste in the sauce.

Also a discussion here on HO:

2 Likes

Long day.
Home later than I had hoped.
Such is life.
But the Patriots won, and I got to see most of the game. :+1:

I got my meat sauce made tonight to feed me and the downstairs freezer, using ground beef, sweet Italian sausage, chopped onions, mushrooms, and red bell peppers, a hefty sploosh of red wine, some minced garlic, dried oregano and basil, salt, pepper, a healthy pinch of sugar, and a couple of chunks of Parmigiano Reggiano rinds until it was “sawce”.

Sketti cooked, and crusty rolls baked and buttered.

Wine poured, and it was dinner.

15 Likes

Beets, horseradish sauce, smoked trout

Rib eye “au poivre”, potato, scallions

15 Likes

Fantastic , fantastic , fantastic. .

2 Likes

@LindaWhit
This is close to what we’re doing tomorrow! :yum:

2 Likes

I need to start photographing the plates instead of the pot after we’ve all had our share! Tonight was rice sticks with thai red curry sauce, into which I threw some chopped peppers, onions, leftover brussels sprouts, and a roasted pork tenderloin, sliced up.

15 Likes

So good . Wonderful

1 Like

Looks so good. I had to look that up. I’m trying that. How do you think that would be with cauliflower rice?

1 Like

Sounds like it could work! Can also perhaps try it with zoodles if you’re doing low carb?

2 Likes

Late dinner.

Chicken curry. Planned to try a different recipe than one of my (well, mom’s) standards. Started down that path. Realized said recipe was going to end up tasting remarkably similar to the usual. So I added two different spices and kept going. Success! Totally different flavor. So strange, just a tiny little tweak.

Made the curry in the PC, then emptied it out and added the thigh bones (with enough meat on them) with tortilla soup ingredients and let it go while I ate dinner. So that’s for tomorrow.

Chicken skin for the chef. And some of yesterday’s chocolate cake for dessert.

16 Likes

My brother’s passion is going around the world visiting Michelin chef’s restaurants. He even spent $1000 on a meal (per person) in a Michelin restaurant in China. Looks lovely - you have to share how it tasted

2 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

My mouth is watering just looking at this

2 Likes

My favorite. Simple, yummy and satisfying

2 Likes