What's for Dinner #51 - the It's Dark Outside! Edition - November 2019

Voila!

15 Likes

RedJim - I would like to hear more about this bath in wet breading process if you don’t mind. Looks great!!

3 Likes

Second night in the country = pizza

A lot of fun but one of the most labor intensive meals I do. I really hate “a la carte”
Samples

Then I lose count between rolling, topping and finally trying to eat…

22 Likes

Wine and cheesy movies relieves all . Fabulous darling .:relieved:

4 Likes

So glad you are posting again!

1 Like

We had another fabulous dinner with our friends at Cafe Panache. Below is a link to details and pictures for anyone that might be interested.

4 Likes

3/4 cup of cool water, whisked into half a box of fry mix. Chicken coated, then in the oven at 375 until “golden brown”. :hugs:

6 Likes

Lazy person’s charcuterie feast for us on a chilly November Saturday night. All I did was arrange plates and slice up a honeycrisp apple to serve as “salad.”

The combo: Lomo, bresciola, tartufo, mole, and country pate meats. Barndance cheese. Sourced from Moody’s in Waltham, MA.

17 Likes

Love at first sight on your rotisserie and pizza oven set ups. Simply knowing that these exist and that you are using them makes me happy. The stuff of dreams!

5 Likes

I just added the Drake’s crispy fry mix to my Amazon cart. I’ll have to try this out, thanks @RedJim!

2 Likes

I hope you like it @LindaWhit.

1 Like

We made Fuchsia Dunlop’s gong bao chicken with thighs and added garden peppers. Home run. Cauli jasmine rice as the carb.

17 Likes

HOLY CRAP that looks amazing!

1 Like

beautiful spread!

3 Likes

Looks good beyond words @ChristinaM! I plan on ordering FD’s updated Land of Plenty shortly.

2 Likes

And cashews…:yum:

Oh, yep

Set alarm for 7 a.m.
Cat alarm woke me before 6 a.m.
The cat alarm(s) were pushed off the bed.

Listened to the return of Lisa Garvey’s A Train radio show this morning.
Glad to have her back, even if only online.

Called Mom’s home to see how she was doing.
Not a good day, so I didn’t drive down again. :disappointed_relieved:

Roasted 3 heads of garlic for the freezer.
Made a batch of Toll House chocolate chip cookies, half with toffee bits on top.

Dinner was using the last of my Patio container tomatoes. All but the 2 on the far right were picked green and ripened inside.

Sweet Italian sausage, broccoli, cheese tortellini and chopped tomatoes (augmented with some Pomi chopped tomatoes), dried basil oregano, and s/p with a sploosh of heavy cream. Grated Parm-Reg on top.

Wine as a side. And cookies for dessert. The Patriots on the screen.

17 Likes

Was planning to make salmon filets and a simple green vegetable tonight, but when it got dark at 4pm (waaaaaaaaaah - I hate standard time!) DH requested something a bit more hearty - my mom’s enchiladas. Flour tortillas (I used low-carb), smothered in a simple sauce made of ground beef, onions, garlic, cumin, chili powder and beef stock. Bake with lots of cheese and raw onions. The most comforting of all comfort foods!

7 Likes

We had another great dinner at Fin in Summit. Details and pictures below for those that are interested.

5 Likes