What's for Dinner #50 - The Spooky-licious Edition - Oct 2019

Hi @corvette_johnny

I watched this video a few times and it looks like a good method. But I can’t understand one part. I’m assuming he’s using parchment paper but calls it something else. And do you know what he said he coats it with? Thanks!

Driving Chicken & Dumplings across town to your sick pup is definitely the best ‘get well card there is’, and probably one of his best memories.

1 Like

Brilliant. It’s like a holiday ham for four.

1 Like

Nice! How’d it work-out with putting the fat cap back on?

1 Like

Exactly! And yes it does.

Love Maangchi.

1 Like

Lovely glass noodles …

1 Like

Lovely Waldorf Salad.

You’ve all got me craving Indian food now too, but due to work and social commitments I won’t be home for dinner again until Friday. Dammit! I’ll have to wait for my fix!

1 Like

Time to turn attention to the harvest of winter squash we received at the end of the farm season. Delicata is a favorite. This tender-skinned variety doesn’t fare well in extended storage, so we’ll eat those first.

Here’s a composed salad of roasted delicata squash, red onion, red skinned potato, and the cherry tomatoes I’m stretching until they’re all gone. Half of a roasted and sliced jalapeño and cheddar sausage on each portion—the flavor actually packed too much punch, so I’ll omit the sausage next time and maybe use nuts instead.

Sorry for the unphotogenic dribble of balsamic vinegar at the edge of the plate. Tasty, though.

18 Likes

Lovlicious! Save a plate for me!

1 Like

AMEN! My 2 year old and I wholeheartedly agree!!! We LOVE carbs!

Wow that look deliciously comforting.

1 Like

Terrible picture (as usual) but I’m proud of myself for using stuff on hand! Stir fry with shrimp, brown rice, bok choy, peppers and eggs.

17 Likes

not terrible at all! such pretty colors…

4 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You are sweet! Thank you!

1 Like

I guess it helped. I sort of cut it most of the way off, but left it as a flap.

1 Like

Mrs. P made her delicious Fall roasted quail breast salad with fresh figs, delicata squash, grapes, crispy duck cracklings, mini and shishito peppers, radishes, and arugula, among other ingredients, drizzled with a balsamic reduction and topped with fresh shaved parmigiano reggiano :yum:

21 Likes

Dayam. YES!

1 Like

It’s Wednesday.
That means spaghetti and sawce.
And a buttered roll.
And cheeeeeeeeze.
And wine.
It was good.

And two eejits who think the sound of dry spaghetti shaking in its box means they’re getting something. Including looking on the floor thinking I had dropped something.

Ummm, no.

19 Likes