What's for Dinner #50 - The Spooky-licious Edition - Oct 2019

Chicken and asparagus stir-fry with cauliflower fried rice.

My bf made the most amazing flan. Added some almond extract and it was the best I’ve ever had.

19 Likes

Love flan - looks delicious as does your healthy meal!

2 Likes

Made another awful dinner tonight, my cooking prowess has disappeared it seems. DH had to keep adding condiments to it and was teasing me about it. Oh well, I tried to duplicate my granny’s hamburger soup she made in her pressure cooker that was delicious. Used the InstaPot, but failed miserably; did think of grams though. Been way under the weather, so spouse has been doing 90% of shopping, cooking and cleaning up for the past month. After his 12 hour workdays…(poor guy). Perhaps I should start a new thread solely devoted to abject and utter failures. :scream_cat:

4 Likes

Gorgeous

1 Like

omg that flan!

1 Like

Second visit to the Nepalese place for review, and it was much better. We had the chicken momos again, because the BF had never had them. Next, pork belly bhutwa (pictured) – a dish that I believe is typically made with lamb…? anyone? Tasted like the meat was rubbed with chilies, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, etc. and then roasted. It came with a pickled tomato sauce, with peppers, ginger and I believe cardamom. Luscious. Something I definitely want to try making at home. Also split an order of butter chicken curry (Murgh Makhani) and garlic naan to scoop up the sauce.

As for me, I’m off to eat my way around Barcelona for the next 10 days! I’ll be keeping an eye on all of you and your fab meals, though, too. Hasta pronto!

15 Likes

Coinkydink…

These Farmers Market beauties from Harry’s Berries were begging to be made into a BLT. I obliged.

So sweet & juicy that even picky ole’ me slurped down 3 unadorned slices before adding to the sandwiches.

Applegate Farms Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Cracked Black Pepper, Vegenaise. I let Margarita Manzke‘s crew at Republique bake the Multigrain Loaf for me. :wink:

16 Likes

Yumm!!! How fun!

3 Likes

Stunner tomatoes !!!

Have a lovely trip …

1 Like

@paryzer is being quite modest. Having met Mrs P, I can attest that she is beautiful both inside and out.

4 Likes

Thank you :relaxed: That is very kind of you!

That is one gorgeous looking BLT :yum: I can almost taste the juicy tomato and crispy bacon.

2 Likes

BLTs have to be one of the top 5 comfort foods of all time.

4 Likes

Nice! Yum.

1 Like

It was healthy until the flan! :smiley:

It’s just a perfect way to balance things out!

1 Like

I saw her roasted cauliflower, bought one but failed to cook since I was all alone, so finally, I just pickled it using a recipe I found that someone did with turmeric Supposed to let it age 3 days minimum .
She is fine, can splurge and still look good

1 Like

Cracklins’! Crispy Chicken Skin is my Favorite Food! Ever!

9 Likes

it is very smooth , and I see very little bubbles if any from the side which is an indication of an excellent flan.
MY husband ( rip) used to love leche flan being a celiac. ( non tropical sprue or the present more popular term, gluten enteropathy). He also love sweets which he tolerate very well, being 6’2" and never over 175 lbs. So sweets it is for him using eggs ( egg. yolk only for my leche flan), eggs with its ( sans rival) and all kinds of rice and sweet rice flour dessert.
Leche flan as they call it in Spanish store bought often is too soft , A good one is firm, no bubbles ( accomplished by stirring in a semicircular motion slowly in one direction and not beating) I can say I an an expert but have not baked this for many years since son does not like sweet and is weight conscious!
Bravo!

2 Likes

Tubed biscuits stuffed with bacon, eggs and sharp cheddar cheese.

15 Likes