What's for Dinner #50 - The Spooky-licious Edition - Oct 2019

Yum!

LOL! It’s why I call my cats Piggy 1 and Piggy 2.

@paryzer – I love quail, and that looks sooo good. :yum: Do you roast the quail on a grill, or in the oven?

2 Likes

This belongs in the Hungry Onion Salad Hall of Fame, which I say needs to be a thing. And how did I miss crispy duck cracklings as one of the ingredients? Yum.

5 Likes

Thanks @kobuta ! Mrs. P roasts it in a covered pan with some olive oil salt & pepper.

1 Like

Thank you @tomatotomato :relaxed: Mrs. P is a true artist. She painstakingly took 2 weeks to make this cool halloween wreath from scratch, starting with a plain black wreath, and arranging the silk flowers, skulls, and adding different color glitter and lights. The pictures don’t do it justice.

21 Likes

Mrs. P made roasted acorn squash stuffed with shrimp and butternut squash puree, with coconut milk, heavy cream, olive oil, salt and pepper, and topped with fresh shaved parmigiano reggiano :yum: It was inspired by a dish from Samba in Montclair.

15 Likes

Wind is starting up, but nothing like what California is dealing with. :disappointed_relieved:

And despite it being 71° at 7:30 p.m. on October 31st in New England, when I probably should have had a simple salad, I cooked.

Chicken and apples in a honey mustard sauce, patterned after this recipe. Only made a single chicken breast, so I cut everything in half. Instead of apple cider, I used 1 Tbsp of cider syrup and 1-1/2 Tbsp of Calvados. Also added a couple of small rosemary sprigs into the sauce in the last 10 minutes after uncovering to thicken the sauce.

Basmati rice and roasted Brussels sprouts alongside, with wine.

14 Likes

Had two 6 oz burgers defrosting and 4 French bread rolls my wife brought home the other day

Sooooo, 4 3 oz sliders with oven fries. Tomato jam along with K/M the obligatory spreads and sliced Campari tomatoes in balsamic to complete the meal

A nice Zin was a good pairing as well

6 Likes

Happy Halloween to all! :jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern: We live in a neighborhood that used to get between 400 and 600 trick or treaters. In the last few years it’s dropped down to about 200. We decided to run away from the madness and are spending it on Maui. Lahaina is quite the scene - the roads are blocked off and everyone just masses on Front Street, parading and reveling. It’s only 3:30 here now, so pics to follow later. Large police presence, lots of security and the fire dept is everywhere, ensuring the bars don’t go over capacity. Unlike New Orleans, no open containers and no liquor sales by the bottle. But everyone gets pretty happy, thus shuttle busses to and fro. Dinner will be drinks and apps in balmy 87 degree weather.

Want to add I’m awed and amazed at all the wonderful looking food and decorations ya’all have posted! :jack_o_lantern::palm_tree:

12 Likes

tapas, redux. I can’t help myself. patatas bravas turned out the best. also, longaniza sausage, padron peppers, and pan con tomate, which I EFFED UP BECAUSE I FORGOT TO TOAST THE BREAD BEFORE RUBBING THE TOMATO ON THEM. it’s almost like i’ve never been to Spain! Or like I don’t deserve to go back.

still, all really tasty.

17 Likes

That looks delicious Eli! Next year I know what neighborhood I am going to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! Just beautiful

1 Like

Thanks Johnny and @Scubadoo97!

Real nice

What non grilled bread . How could you .:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

i KNOW!

2 Likes

Obviously some kind of jet lag aftermath.

4 Likes

Don’t let it happen again. :persevere::confounded::relaxed:

3 Likes

Gorgeous foods!

Thxs for the link.

1 Like