What's for Dinner #50 - The Spooky-licious Edition - Oct 2019

Wow that look deliciously comforting.

1 Like

Terrible picture (as usual) but I’m proud of myself for using stuff on hand! Stir fry with shrimp, brown rice, bok choy, peppers and eggs.

17 Likes

not terrible at all! such pretty colors…

4 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You are sweet! Thank you!

1 Like

I guess it helped. I sort of cut it most of the way off, but left it as a flap.

1 Like

Mrs. P made her delicious Fall roasted quail breast salad with fresh figs, delicata squash, grapes, crispy duck cracklings, mini and shishito peppers, radishes, and arugula, among other ingredients, drizzled with a balsamic reduction and topped with fresh shaved parmigiano reggiano :yum:

21 Likes

Dayam. YES!

1 Like

It’s Wednesday.
That means spaghetti and sawce.
And a buttered roll.
And cheeeeeeeeze.
And wine.
It was good.

And two eejits who think the sound of dry spaghetti shaking in its box means they’re getting something. Including looking on the floor thinking I had dropped something.

Ummm, no.

19 Likes

It’s always terrible when you have to disappoint your children.

7 Likes

Fuyu, golden delicious, pink plum salad (sour cream and brown sugar)

Italian sausage, tomato, sorrel and basil, white wine, parmesan

13 Likes

Oven roasted chicken thighs marinated in cumin, paprika, garlic, lemon juice, turmeric and a tiny bit of cinnamon. Tasty! Left out the red pepper with hopes the kiddo would eat it (small bites…) Followed a NYT recipe (paywall - https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017161-oven-roasted-chicken-shawarma?action=click&module=Local%20Search%20Recipe%20Card&pgType=search&rank=2)

Would have been better on the grill, but I didn’t feel like grilling while it was dark and semi-raining. Sides of roasted brussel sprouts and potatoes.

8 Likes

Yikes, a bone phobia

He’d freak out opening one of my freezers. It’s like a bone graveyard. Bags of bones and trimmings destined for the PC to make stock

5 Likes

Cuties !!

1 Like

Yum!

LOL! It’s why I call my cats Piggy 1 and Piggy 2.

@paryzer – I love quail, and that looks sooo good. :yum: Do you roast the quail on a grill, or in the oven?

2 Likes

This belongs in the Hungry Onion Salad Hall of Fame, which I say needs to be a thing. And how did I miss crispy duck cracklings as one of the ingredients? Yum.

5 Likes

Thanks @kobuta ! Mrs. P roasts it in a covered pan with some olive oil salt & pepper.

1 Like

Thank you @tomatotomato :relaxed: Mrs. P is a true artist. She painstakingly took 2 weeks to make this cool halloween wreath from scratch, starting with a plain black wreath, and arranging the silk flowers, skulls, and adding different color glitter and lights. The pictures don’t do it justice.

21 Likes

Mrs. P made roasted acorn squash stuffed with shrimp and butternut squash puree, with coconut milk, heavy cream, olive oil, salt and pepper, and topped with fresh shaved parmigiano reggiano :yum: It was inspired by a dish from Samba in Montclair.

15 Likes

Wind is starting up, but nothing like what California is dealing with. :disappointed_relieved:

And despite it being 71° at 7:30 p.m. on October 31st in New England, when I probably should have had a simple salad, I cooked.

Chicken and apples in a honey mustard sauce, patterned after this recipe. Only made a single chicken breast, so I cut everything in half. Instead of apple cider, I used 1 Tbsp of cider syrup and 1-1/2 Tbsp of Calvados. Also added a couple of small rosemary sprigs into the sauce in the last 10 minutes after uncovering to thicken the sauce.

Basmati rice and roasted Brussels sprouts alongside, with wine.

14 Likes