What's for Dinner #50 - The Spooky-licious Edition - Oct 2019

Mine must be steel. It weighs about 10 lbs I’d guess. I remember sitting on the kitchen counter at their apt when I was a child, watching him make all the russian dumplings -meat, potato, cheese, and cherry. Once he got his rolling pin over them all, after filling, he would bash that thing on his countertop over and over until all the dumplings fell out. I don’t know how he didn’t crack the counters. Or piss off his side-neighbors!

2 Likes

Cold Viet noodle salad, as before, but I had more goodies at my disposal this time. So it’s noodles and dressing, plus peppers, cukes, scallions, mint, and tofu. Also nasu miso, with homegrown eggplant. I planted late, so this is the ENTIRE eggplant harvest. Will plant earlier this year, and hope for a bigger crop.

!
thumbnail1|525x700

19 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

Yum

1 Like

Yes it is.

Totally agreed about conservas, and especially about Q&Q. Fun time and good eats!!

3 Likes

Beautiful meals!!!

1 Like

ooh!! go to Xampanyet! go to Xampanyet!!! in El Born

The barman who served you - one of the Quimets, is a sweetheart. His sister - Joana - is my favorite, but she works days now only.

Glad you’re able to enjoy even during the turmoil that’s going on there…

Another suggestion: Bar Brutal. excellent. More of a sit-down place, but also in El Born.

Pretty sure I’m going back again next year… :heart:

4 Likes

I think I used this.

LA Times

1 Like

Thanks @paryzer @mariacarmen and @ChristinaM

You can see the birthday meal here.

3 Likes

That looked like a fabulous birthday dinner. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

I love this photo. The monk on the mustard jar is hilarious. Parents please keep your children indoors. Lusty Monk is coming to town…

1 Like

Peppers and cheese

Chicken and andouille gumbo

12 Likes

So sorry…too soon. A comfort meal was a very good decision. Something about soup, it soothes the weary soul.

1 Like

Perfect

2 Likes

Sending healing thoughts to your friend and her sister.

2 Likes

Happy birthday to Mr. Naf! Great celebration!

1 Like

I made catfish nuggets, asparagus, and cheesy risotto (IP) with corn soup stirred in. Tasty.

11 Likes

Your food looks just amazing @digga! I’m especially impressed with the eggplant you grew! You are in the PNW, right? We’ve never been able to grow any type of eggplants, alas. Over the years we’ve tried different varieties and only gotten a couple of very bitter, and inedible, immature type fruits. So if you have any tips, let me know please!!

3 Likes

Balsamic grilled chicken, mozzarella, and roasted red peppers on foccaccia. BF came through with homemade fries.

13 Likes