What's for dinner? #5 - Jan 2016. The Happy New Year Edition

When in Amsterdam…

Think I’ve told you previously that I’ve come across the fries topped with all three of mayo, peanut sauce and ketchup. Best to buy indigestion tablets first.

Or be so inebriated that you don’t care…

3 Likes

Last night’s lobster bisque hit the spot, especially after a relatively busy shift.

The Green Dragon sauce worked surprisingly well, too. A little popcorn and the two last epis of “River” on Netflix.

As for WFD tonight… working again, this time till 10:30 pm, so no cooking @casa lingua. Probably chicken wings (“Pazzo’s choice” = garlic butter & hot sauce) at a local bar hosting the weekly blues jam.

I’ll really have to figure out dinners for the future if I’m going to be on the road most every night during prime eating hours :neutral_face:

7 Likes

Thanks. I saw that. The lump look amazing. Mine was lump but it was broken up more before I touched it

Three days of fish in a row. Usually it’s every other day but sometimes I see something good at the fishmonger’s stall then it can’t wait. Yesterday it was oven roasted brill, friday was sole. Am ready for meat tomorrow!

4 Likes

WFD Sun:

1. Noodles with Chili, Cashews, Chicken. Peanut oil, onion wedges, red chilies, a hit of sugar, red bell pepper, roasted unsalted cashews, fish sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, cooked chicken meat, cilantro. Vermicelli will suffice. It’s a wok stir-fry, not as fully loaded as the chicken chow mein would have been. A bit of a departure from what I had planned but I think this is better suited to how we’re feeling today: Lazy.
    With the carcass from the roasted chicken we’ll make our usual overnight chicken stock.
  2. Either a tossed salad, or a steamed leafy green somethingorother.
4 Likes

Made a quick beef ragu with mushrooms and garlic (and several parmesan rinds) and left it to simmer for a couple of hours while I had coffee with a friend. DH’s job was to make sure it didn’t dry out while I was gone :smile: Luckily there was still some left when I got back!

4 Likes

Maryland crab cake with Bangkok (made in Hawaii) hot sauce.

4 Likes

Can anyone guess what I had for dinner? (Leave it to me to get a happy encounter, when I could really use a happy ending)

2 Likes

Eating at restaurants of ill repute?

2 Likes

I guess I should leave my review on Craigslist!

1 Like

I guess I’m nothing if not predictable.

Today’s constant rainy weather required something warming and comfy. The small chuck roast I had taken out of the freezer yesterday defrosted properly. I had been poking around the fridge yesterday, and saw the jar of tamarind concentrate that had been shoved way to the back of the top shelf. Hmmm…I needed to use some of that. I decided yesterday on pot roast with beef stock, red wine, tamarind and garlic and caramelized onions. Yup, that works for me.

This morning, Facebook showed me my posts from previous years’ January 10th…annnnd I made this same dinner exactly a year ago. LOL

Steamed baby potatoes and carrots alongside. Yeah, there’s wine. I’m DVR’ing Downton Abbey, as I decided to watch the Golden Globes tonight, as they’re always much better than the Oscars.

4 Likes

I’m sorry you mean you are watching the playoffs tonight right!?!?! (Looks delicious !!)

No need to watch the playoffs until next week for me, NotJr, when the Pats are playing KC. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Goooooooo KC!!

Tonight’s dinner was not a resolution dinner, especially if your resolution was to cut down on fat and dairy. Mushroom lasagna with a white sauce fortified with mascarpone.

Unfortunately my local market was out of their lovely fresh egg lasagna sheets, so I had to use Granoro no-boil egg pasta. They are convenient, but thicker than Barilla and it’s necessary to add plenty of sauce and cook for a while longer than the fresh or thinner dry sheets.

A little sherry and thyme added some depth to the dish, and parm and mozzarella. And I cheated and added a Star porcini bouillon cube to the béchamel to bump up the flavor.

5 Likes

Shaddup, you!

You ate at a bordello?

Shredded BBQ beef with pickles and a few tots on the side.

1 Like