What's for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

How fun. I’m bookmarking that TJ wine.

Appears shrimp is trending. I made spicy grilled shrimp with cacio e pepe fettuccinni and minted buttered peas. Off to my last wine class tonight :sob:

12 Likes

AAGUGGENHEIMMUSEUMNERUA18671036_1454293354616905_6261595996095903315_n

MICHELIN STARRED RESTAURANT NERUA, THE BILBAO GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM.

8 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

Lovely prawns.

1 Like

Perfect

1 Like

What are the dishes?

1 Like

What type of crust? Is it pastry or puff? Recipe for pot pie please!! :slight_smile:

Green beans with PSTOB

Chicken soup with mushrooms, carrots, parsnip , celery and chicken Torteloni

Tzimes with sweet potato, carrots, honey , apple juice and honey.

Simple 15 pound young turkey roasted. (PS I do not trust those pop up thermometers, my Instapen never fails me)
Happy New Year All!

18 Likes

Happy New Year @PHREDDY.
Lovin’ all these fall comforts foods.

3 Likes

Sardine on quinoa it appears. Nice tapa and presentation. Something I can easily try at home.

Happy New Year to you as well @ Phreddy! Looks like a lovely celebratory feast!

3 Likes

Had lamb marinating for too many days so (in a fit of madness? it’s a Monday…) I decided to make biryani… quick version, but it’s never as quick as I anticipate :joy:

Need to make more biryani rice for the topping - I underestimated, and was too hungry to fix it tonight.

11 Likes

Slow cooked some osso buco yesterday. Today reheated some and served with pasta. Reheating let the meat fall apart. Topped with a little parsley, chive, and lemon zest. Salad and wine on the side.

14 Likes

Very ambitious of you. I wanna’ dive into that 2nd photo.

1 Like

Nice! :drooling_face:

1 Like

Thanks - I was trying to salvage the lamb… too bad I didn’t cook it over the weekend when there was plenty of time :joy:

1 Like

Okay, so, you tomato people were driving me crazy with your tomato fun. I seriously considered trying to grow them, up & away from critters. Then I saw this guy/girl scrounging around on my gardening bench…

I wasn’t sure if possums eat tomatoes so I set a few very ripe ones outside to find out. Well… not only were they eaten overnight, but the squirrel was noshing on the remnants the next day. Sooo, it’s to the Farmers Market for these beauties…

ROASTED TOMATOES Purple Haze Goat Cheese, Drizzled w/Olive Oil, S&P - Sweet, Acidic, Juicy, Cheesy Deliciousness. SAN LUCAS RIBEYES, Browned & Sautéed in Olive Oil topped w/Shrooms & Garlic Sautéed in Drippings, Butter, Olive Oil & Liquid Aminos. I’m loving these thin, flavorful little ribeyes.

w/a Side of SMASHED POTATOES

More Sweet TAPIA BROS CORN

On to October…

20 Likes

Lovely tomatoes !

2 Likes

Wow, I have never seen a possum venture that close to the house. Critters know a tasty morsel when they see one, don’t they?

On that tomato theme, yesterday I made the Nigel Slater preserved (baked) tomatoes that @Harters and @mariacarmen have talked about. Wonderful and I could use various tomatoes that were
ripening faster than we could eat them otherwise.

I used some of last night to spark up bland pasta Norma leftovers. Later this week I think we’ll have sautéed shrimp sauced with those Slater tomatoes, plus feta and basil. See, this board is inspiring!

5 Likes