What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

Naf,

Cita See here or the link in the above post …

Testing. Posted your Minnestrone in my Cheese Post …

1 Like

Our holiday weekend started this afternoon. Of course, the Weber was center stage…

In that tin foil is Corn on the Cob. Michigan grown, Corn on the Cob. Inside the wrapping is TPSTOB!

15 Likes

That’s a great way to start the holiday weekend! It’s going to be hard to top that beautiful meal.

5 Likes

Yep, me too. I try to use names & references if I don’t use quotes.

Also, if you’re using a pad or smart phone you can put your finger on the area you want to quote and the “quote” reply pops up.

Happy Quoting!

1 Like

What is [quote=“RedJim, post:983, topic:18602”]
TPSTOB
[/quote]

Trying the quote function!

1 Like

Okay. That didn’t work.

What is…

Trying again. What is…

ETA, that looks so good!

3 Likes

If you type before the quote, press return. Quote always need a new line.

2 Likes

It was my first time, jury’s still out. They have a lot, but not all the things I buy. It’s smaller than other grocery stores so it’s quick to get around in a hurry. The prices and sales are really good. But, what I like the most? It’s 0.3 miles from home. :relaxed:

P.S. Yes, I fretted about buying the lobster tails there but they turned out good.

1 Like

I know, haha. It didn’t used to. I’m constantly coming across and fixing jacked up quotes on old posts on another Discourse site I use.

1 Like

I figured that one out on my own. Do I get a badge for that?

6 Likes

Another tip to alert someone, put ‘@’ in front of a member’s name, with no space.

Example @naf

The member will automatically receive a notification alert.

3 Likes

Okay, sure. No problem. I love @-ing, lol. I didn’t know if y’all considered it superfluous since it always shows the who to even if it’s right above your post. I like that feature btw.

1 Like

I like how quickly the site recognizes the members. It seems way easier here.

1 Like

I’ll @TheCookie a shrinkrap badge ( :mega:) if you share!

2 Likes

Chickpea bisque with garden pepper, cumin, and coriander topped with sour cream and tomatoes, and fish tacos with creamy fennel-lime slaw and the works.

@mariacarmen I think your tacos set off a craving!

14 Likes

Clean out the fridge dinner.

Pulled chicken from a smoked bird cooked the other day. Toasted corn tortillas on the comal then layered a base of shredded cooked Brussels sprouts. Reduced green salsa with the chicken to warm it up then added it atop the Brussels then added shredded micro greens and called it a day. Actually quite tasty. Sometimes you get lucky

9 Likes

Make ramen broth with that carcass! Drool

1 Like

How do you make your ramen broth? I still have a half smoked chicken to deal with

Weekly Serious Eats Puffy Taco filling/ “mince”. This time with my own tomatoes; fresh and roasted.

I tried to post a video of it bubbling away, and got a message to try a link.

BRB.

Let’s see .

Simmering too fast. :grin:

10 Likes