What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

playing with Squeeze! of all bands…

3 Likes

It will be like pineapple on a pizza . Lol , but good .

2 Likes

:smile:

i do love me some pineapple. and Squeeze!

3 Likes

Hmmm… my favorite.

1 Like

Oh yay! I Love X! Seen them 3 times. This is my dream lineup, because I’m a shameless Squeeze lover too!

1 Like

Salmon was poached last night in white wine and a bit of stock. It’ll sit alongside a fairly basic salad - lettuce, cucumber, red pepper. Lemon mayo. Crusty bread.

It’s 50/50 whether the weather will be suitable to have dinner on the patio. Warmish now, rain forecast for later.

7 Likes

I’ve not had anything of note for several days. A bowl of Raisin Bran Crunch on Friday night, as I just was NOT in the mood to think.

Saturday was a burger at a friend’s end-of-summer party - her husband got a really nice char on the burger, while still keeping it medium inside. A sweet cherry tomato Caprese salad that I made, potato salad, macaroni salad and grilled corn alongside.

Sunday was a grilled BISO Frankenchicken breast - seriously, this thing was probably close to a pound, including the bone. Seasoned it with olive oil, a light sprinkling of a garlic powder/dried parsley blend and some Herbs de Provence and roasted it. Rice pilaf alongside with steamed green beans. Had it for lunch yesterday as well.

Last night was SoaS (Sh*t on a Shingle) - a.k.a. Hamburger Stroganoff, a recipe from the 1970s General Mills recipe cards that I’ve kept (my recipe box was neon lime green when I really wanted the bright yellow one). Mine is much doctored from the original recipe (fresh mushrooms instead of slimy canned ones; and I add a blup of dry red wine, which of course, gives it an odd color once the sour cream is added…Hence, no pictures. LOL) Served on egg noodles with peas on top, sprinkled on top.

Tonight? Don’t know. Might be a panino; might be leftover stroganoff. Might be Honey Nut Cheerios. Cooking funk of sorts has been entered.

10 Likes

I’ve got that too. I’ve been having many prepared salads, sandwiches, omelets and cheese and crackers. Made a crockpot of butterbeans with semi-dry sausage when I returned from Fl. So good and comforting - gave me meals for a week.

3 Likes

Dinner #4 for our Frankenchicken Breast is tonight…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

omg i’ve seen them like 30 times, not even kidding, and John alone now like 8. they’re my favorite. I do love Squeeze, it’ll be a good show!

1 Like

Not liking the funk!

hope it lifts…

2 Likes

Tapas at home tonight after a play.

Pan con tomate, blistered shishitos, chorizo with sherry.

Also ate some Kisir (turkish tabbouleh) from the batch I made earlier (recipe from The Turkish Cookbook).

Everything but the chorizo hit the spot… charred the bread stovetop, yum. Fresh spanish chorizo is only available at one place that I know of, and it’s not close by :frowning:

14 Likes

I made fresh (purchased) fettuccini tossed with slow-roasted salmon, green peas, dill, tarragon, and chives in a brown butter-lemon-quark sauce topped with pistachios. Hubs made greens with vinaigrette, goat cheese, and garden tomatoes. We all enjoyed.

Not to jinx things, but lately the toddler has been eating everything we serve him, leafy greens, broccoli, and zucchini excepted. Carrots, peas, cauliflower, beans, cooked tomatoes, various stewed, grilled, and smoked meats - he’s going for them! It’s so gratifying. Yesterday he demolished pho tai with brisket and rice noodles.

Hoisin sauce = magic. I’m so proud of his progress.

21 Likes

Agree, hoisin is magic and tyou for the welcome back, C.

We enjoyed a pizza bogo earlier at a local joint so dinner was bourbon and grilled peaches.

Good to be home, happy to see new Onions and all my fellow HO’s.

Rooster

6 Likes

I support this :smiley:

6 Likes

Sautéed bok choy over brown rice, trying to be healthy

15 Likes

I’m hungry, again.

3 Likes

Looks delish! Perhaps some wine with it?

WOW…good thing the apple does not fall far from the tree!

2 Likes

Happy to see you too Dan