What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

Thanks so much! Can I have the corn recipe too? Greedy me → :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Wow, thanks for sharing the feast. In Asia, the suckling pigs are killed very young, so it’s mainly skin. In France, it has to be 5 weeks or more…

Breakfast for dinner:

French Toast bathed in Maple Syrup, and rashers of bacon.

11 Likes

Mrs. P made a crispy panko, parmesan, and spicy dijon mustard crusted pork chop with a side of leftover Asian style Brussels sprouts with spicy kimchi dressing :yum: It was crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside (from being brined overnight).

12 Likes

I guess what we had here that the farmer butchered was over 5 weeks
There was hardly any fat at all because of it’s age and of course with the corn, acorn that he /she was fed with
really really delicious!
Wish I could share pictures but they were mounted and preserved for future generations to remember us by

2 Likes

Pork and scallion noodles

12 Likes

Yum!

@naf Corn cake recipe

7 Likes

Summer on our plates again tonight - tomatoes, basil, corn, fresh mozz. These were going to be just tomato and mayo sandwiches, but the BF likes cheese on his, and he’d cooked up some bacon, so his got cheddar and 3 slices of bacon. Mine was one slice, and some fresh mozz. On the side, more please. And fresh corn drenched in TPSTOB.

16 Likes

really? I lived there (a 100 years ago) and i found it as a tapa, and on my most recent trip in 2014 as well… maybe it’s a regional thing. I mostly know Barcelona but have been to the south as well.

Curious why you find it interesting? It’s delicious, and so simple, what’s not to love!

3 Likes

you’re my god.

1 Like

:grin:

Sort-of-ratatouille-peperonata-Firin Sebze- to-be.

11 Likes

Bone in thin cut pork chop , pounded thin . O.o , garlic , dried oregano for simple marinade. Maybe 2 tbls spoons. Pan fried. Finished in red wine vinegar and salted capers. Fried potatoes , with zucchini from the garden. Cheers.

12 Likes

My favorite kind.

1 Like

And later…

seriouseats how to make ratatouille

11 Likes

On the Costa Blanca tomato toast is part of my breakfast every day. As part of tapas one can pile on anchovies or Jamón. Actually, that’s also another breakfast option on the Costa Blanca.

Speaking of which, I’m finally making my Jamón dream come true in about 4 weeks time!

4 Likes

Nah, you can’t just say that. More details please

4 Likes

Roast cod. Provencal tomatoes (a recipe from Elizabeth David - basically roast tomatoes, topped with garlic, oil and parsley). Spuds to be determined - something crispy. Fried courgettes.

5 Likes

Tamagawa Junmai Kimoto “Time Machine”

Animal’s food pairs really well with bold Sake!

Chicken Liver Toast

Chicken Oyster Yakitori, Smoked Paprika, Herb Crème

Sea Scallops, Leche de Tigre, Brown Butter, Fennel

Eggplant Katsu, Yuzu Kosho Aioli, Togarashi, Cucumber, Radish Sprouts, Pretty Petals…

Time to get messy…

Barbeque Pork Belly Sandwiches & Slaw

Prawns, Roasted Garlic, Chili Lime Salt

Bacon Chocolate Crunch Bar, S&P Ice Cream

After a month of family stuff, group stuff, a wedding stuff, stuff stuff, husband & I could think of only one thing we wanted to do… Solo Date Night at our favorite restaurant, Animal. :heart:

20 Likes

HOLY Mother of ALL That Is Tasty! If that’s your “date night” … well, let’s just say when I dated, they sucked wind. LOL

5 Likes