What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

Leftovers, and Peruvian chicken causa the BF whipped up. A friend at work gifted us some of her olive bread, so i toasted that up, rubbed garlic over it, drizzled it with evoo and ate it with FM tomatoes, fresh mozz and basil. leftover oyakodon tasted even better than it did last week. BF’s causa was tasty (i had a bite) but i prefer crab or shrimp.

13 Likes

gorgeous, on both!

1 Like

Out of the park .

1 Like

Grilled chicken with sides . But it was more about the zucchini and blossoms from my garden . Cheers.

14 Likes

It would be good over salmon then bake it.

1 Like

Upcoming - Mumbai street food.

No, of course we’re not cooking it. A favourite Asian restaurant is. Havent been for several weeks and looking forward to it. Good food and they absolutely knowing the meaning of “hospitality”.

4 Likes

And I hope it’s versatile - I have a lot left! Would probably be good slathered on chicken thighs for roasting. I’m sure we’ll use up ours with the leftover chicken.

I’ve used it on grilled halibut and dang, its GOOD

1 Like

Gosh do I want to eat at your house!!! Wow!

2 Likes

Salad dressing.
I use this recipe, I think it is similar to yours.
https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/peruvian-style-roast-chicken-with-green-sauce.html

Perfect - thanks for the info and links (you and Christina)!

2 Likes

Costanera, A Peruvian restaurant in Montclair NJ, has an excellent very spicy aji salsa verde that they serve with roasted corn kernels and plantains as a starter (instead of bread and butter). They also serve it with their excellent quinoa crusted codfish.

12 Likes

Yes! excellent as salad dressing! I’ve used it as a topping on tacos too - carnitas or carne asada. There’s just nothing that sauce doesn’t make better.

3 Likes

welcome!

1 Like

Mrs. P made your every day spicy chicken salad. NOT :grinning:

15 Likes

Started out tonight making a pot of lethal chilli for a pot luck dinner I’m going to tomorrow. Note the uncertainty and amusement in my eyes as I add 6 million SHU hot sauce to it (in tiny drops).

And now for tonight’s dinner: broiled bay scallops, Alfredo sauce, gruyere, parmesan, and some seasonings over spaghetti.

17 Likes

Yum to both! How hot was it?

2 Likes

Well, the guy that sold it to me (a hot sauce shop in New Hope, PA) said a “toothpick tip” was enough. Well, after five drops it STILL was not terrible. So in went a few more. I’d say right now, its hotter than “medium” but after sitting overnight, will be bad. Keep in mind, I have a high tolerance. My mom tried a spoonful and gasped for air.

Knowing tomorrow’s crowd, this will get the job done.

6 Likes

I know that store. Your expression is priceless! Good luck to you and your friends!!!

2 Likes

Didn’t want leftovers again, so threw together a quick dinner that was also a partial C.O.R.N. dinner.

Small chicken breast defrosted and chopped up, a small half of an onion sliced up, a third of a red bell pepper, and some sugar snap peas and a carrot sliced up.

Cavatappi boiled and drained.
Veggies and chicken sauteed.

Sauce made from a half packet of Knorr’s Garlic & Herb mix, milk, heavy cream, extra dried herbs, and the rest of some Alouette spreadable garlic and herb cheese, along with a handful of grated Parm-Reg.

Everything tossed together, plated, and topped with more Parm-Reg.

It was good.

16 Likes

Looks good, was there wine? :wine_glass:

2 Likes