What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

Many thanks!

Aw, thx. Look who’s talking!

1 Like

They are climbers and are often in trees.

1 Like

For sure, I find TJ’s pie dough often needs rerolling when I use it. I panicked a little the first time that happened to me.

The bonus of rerolling if not overdone is that I can roll the dough thinner and may end up with scraps. Any pie dough scraps get turned into a mini-crostata I fill with fruit or jam. Bonus dessert.

4 Likes

My starkly simple birthday dinner, hamburger puck, scorched sprouts, buttery mashed potatoes

Washed down with champagne.

16 Likes

I have never used TJ’s pie crusts, only Pillsbury which serve me well. They, Pillsbury, come refrigerated, not frozen and are pliable with no splitting or tearing. UNLESS they have been frozen and/or mishandled. FWIW, and my source is this website, there does seem to be considerable difference in ingredients.
11%20AM
I can’t explain the differences, and will try to look at packages myself to verify that they have compared apples with apples.

Happy Birthday @pilgrim :birthday::wine_glass::champagne:

2 Likes

August birthdays. :wine_glass::cocktail::tropical_drink::beer::beers::clinking_glasses::champagne::sake::tea:

4 Likes

Thanks! I find the texture and taste of the TJ’’s crust closest to the pies I grew up with, of any purchased dough I have tried so far. That’s the main consideration for me. The TJ’s product also has simple ingredients, with palm oil being the only one that I would not use in a homemade crust.

And my grandmother taught me that even the smallest scrap of pie dough could be rerolled into a treat. If nothing else, top with cinnamon and sugar and bake any excess as “cookies.” A reason why I could deal with the dough breakage after I calmed down about it. :yum:

6 Likes

HBD! Why not declare a birthday month, which entitles one to multiple festive meals. Accompanied by more champagne, of course!

5 Likes

We are LEOs! Hear us roar! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

For any tofu lovers, a Thai marinade from serious eats. Delicious!
I had lemongrass and cilantro in the languishing in the garden for the Thai marinade.

18 Likes

I don’t really care for it in savory applications; it has sugar. But I do like that it’s at least partly butter.

1 Like

Happy happy!

1 Like

Link please?

1 Like

i have not! But it’s going to happen at our next big weekend getaway in a few weeks! Thanks Mr. H.!

omylord that is some righteous tofu!

1 Like

ROOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :lion:

3 Likes

Happy birthday, fellow Leo!

Ahhhh, missed this. Hope you are continuing to celebrate right into Virgo!

1 Like