What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

Very true. The savory application in which I use TJ’s frozen pie dough is a greens and feta pie. Usually I pack the pie with a couple types of kale, chard if I have it, and any miscellaneous greens hanging out in the fridge. Beet greens or radish greens, for instance. Bitter-ish greens, and a lot of them, are mostly what I tend to have available so the sugar in the crust is not very discernible. All that green, you know.

I agree with your observation on the whole.

1 Like

Yah, I see where it sleeps, up high in a wall of ivy. I just can’t see how it could climb up the thin legs of my table. :thinking:

I’ve been thinking about growing some tomatoes and possibly mulberries, but we have so many backyard creatures and it was a let down to see that possum up on that table. I would happily grow edibles just to see a deer in my backyard. :blush: But no deer in the flats of L.A.

1 Like

Thia was directed to Leo Maria. :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Boy, you August birthday people are everywhere!

Very happy birthday wishes to you!

:champagne::birthday::champagne:

2 Likes

I put it down to parents having “early nights” in the depths of winter. :wink:

4 Likes

The tofu looks fab! Love the dishware too.

I’ve pretty much given up trying to grow vegetables. I think I’ve been the only one in the neighborhood who was so I was the de facto host for all the wildlife. I was able to grow okra without having to share. They leave my herbs alone too.

1 Like

This is link to the tofu grilling article, the marinade link is halfway thru the article.

5 Likes

Love those plates! From my husbands military family, very old.

1 Like

I must of been the result of a very happy New Years celebration!

I used to live in Florida. Nine months after a hurricane that knocked out power for days there would be a little baby boom!

3 Likes

I thought it was meat. Love tofu of all kinds. I eat it at least once a week.

3 Likes

:smile: :wink:

1 Like

Haha… yeah, it didn’t seem very interested in my herbs on the same table… just my spoiled cats’ expensive food!

The last drink is tea, for Harters. In case no one realised it.

Next August WFD thread can be called the birthday month/thread then.

I’m the very opposite of you Leos. I thrive on neglect and solitude.

neglect

9 Likes

@pilgrim + all august bday kids!

Best wishes!! Envy birthdays in summer! I second the birthday month.

3 Likes

Isn’t it more the due to festive atmosphere in December?

1 Like

Take a break from, well… cleaning after the cat, grrrr.

Last night dinner, pork paupiette, with a bacon wrapping around. Cooked with onion, bay leaves, thyme and raspberry cider. Reduction sauce was nice.

Cider was nice too.

Sided with a cold soup. Tomatoes (too ripe for travelling) and cucumbers brought from in-laws’ garden, added onion and balsamic.

And Canelés!!

17 Likes

Beautiful! Love caneles! Have never made them, will have to put them on my list to bake:)

3 Likes

Thank you. Although I’m a coffee drinker - can’t stand tea.

I have a late July b-day, so am also a Leo. Now I don’t feel as guilty for having a piece of pie for breakfast cause I’m still in my B-day month! Great concept.

6 Likes