What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

Love the rich darkness of the chili sauce.

1 Like

My best results for roasting garlic with food is keeping the cloves whole then smashing & stirring them into the sauce or drippings towards the end when they’re soft & caramelized. Sometime I keep them in the skin and pop out the soft insides, but that can get messy.

Side note: that process probably won’t work with a shrimp dish because shrimp cook so fast. Hmmm…

3 Likes

Hash-and-fried-egg is a dish that can’t be separated. Like corned-beef-and-cabbage; like liver-and-onions; like peanut-butter-and-jelly; like your love-and-marriage…

6 Likes

So sweet

Ah yes, for roasting. My response was for sautéing… sorry

MODERATOR SPEAKING

When replying to each other, if possible, please use quotes so other readers can relate more easily to what you are talking about.

Example:

If you are not familiar with quotes, you can see the following tip with the link below:

Thank you and have a nice day!

9 Likes

Naf,

Quotes …

Totally agree … it is a great idea.
This is my problem too and that is why I put the names on the post …

How to do ???

2 Likes

See here. or the link in the above post.

We used to do it more often in the past, but many the newer members aren’t aware of this feature, I think.

3 Likes

Our Sprouts opened about a year ago. I went once, and haven’t been back. I’ll have to think about why, but I think it’s at least in part related to being in the “wrong” strip mall for me.

What do you like on sale at Sprouts?

ETA:
I see;
"I bought raw, wild-caught, N. Atlantic lobster tails (prev. frozen) for $6.99. "

Good to know. Takes awhile for me to trust a place for seafood.

1 Like

Ahhh… sorry about my reading comprehension. For sautéing I have the same problem, so I try to put the garlic in late.

Naf,

Cita See here or the link in the above post …

Testing. Posted your Minnestrone in my Cheese Post …

1 Like

Our holiday weekend started this afternoon. Of course, the Weber was center stage…

In that tin foil is Corn on the Cob. Michigan grown, Corn on the Cob. Inside the wrapping is TPSTOB!

15 Likes

That’s a great way to start the holiday weekend! It’s going to be hard to top that beautiful meal.

5 Likes

Yep, me too. I try to use names & references if I don’t use quotes.

Also, if you’re using a pad or smart phone you can put your finger on the area you want to quote and the “quote” reply pops up.

Happy Quoting!

1 Like

What is [quote=“RedJim, post:983, topic:18602”]
TPSTOB
[/quote]

Trying the quote function!

1 Like

Okay. That didn’t work.

What is…

Trying again. What is…

ETA, that looks so good!

3 Likes

If you type before the quote, press return. Quote always need a new line.

2 Likes

It was my first time, jury’s still out. They have a lot, but not all the things I buy. It’s smaller than other grocery stores so it’s quick to get around in a hurry. The prices and sales are really good. But, what I like the most? It’s 0.3 miles from home. :relaxed:

P.S. Yes, I fretted about buying the lobster tails there but they turned out good.

1 Like