What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

I’ve got that too. I’ve been having many prepared salads, sandwiches, omelets and cheese and crackers. Made a crockpot of butterbeans with semi-dry sausage when I returned from Fl. So good and comforting - gave me meals for a week.

3 Likes

Dinner #4 for our Frankenchicken Breast is tonight…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

omg i’ve seen them like 30 times, not even kidding, and John alone now like 8. they’re my favorite. I do love Squeeze, it’ll be a good show!

1 Like

Not liking the funk!

hope it lifts…

2 Likes

Tapas at home tonight after a play.

Pan con tomate, blistered shishitos, chorizo with sherry.

Also ate some Kisir (turkish tabbouleh) from the batch I made earlier (recipe from The Turkish Cookbook).

Everything but the chorizo hit the spot… charred the bread stovetop, yum. Fresh spanish chorizo is only available at one place that I know of, and it’s not close by :frowning:

14 Likes

I made fresh (purchased) fettuccini tossed with slow-roasted salmon, green peas, dill, tarragon, and chives in a brown butter-lemon-quark sauce topped with pistachios. Hubs made greens with vinaigrette, goat cheese, and garden tomatoes. We all enjoyed.

Not to jinx things, but lately the toddler has been eating everything we serve him, leafy greens, broccoli, and zucchini excepted. Carrots, peas, cauliflower, beans, cooked tomatoes, various stewed, grilled, and smoked meats - he’s going for them! It’s so gratifying. Yesterday he demolished pho tai with brisket and rice noodles.

Hoisin sauce = magic. I’m so proud of his progress.

21 Likes

Agree, hoisin is magic and tyou for the welcome back, C.

We enjoyed a pizza bogo earlier at a local joint so dinner was bourbon and grilled peaches.

Good to be home, happy to see new Onions and all my fellow HO’s.

Rooster

6 Likes

I support this :smiley:

6 Likes

Sautéed bok choy over brown rice, trying to be healthy

15 Likes

I’m hungry, again.

3 Likes

Looks delish! Perhaps some wine with it?

WOW…good thing the apple does not fall far from the tree!

2 Likes

Happy to see you too Dan

Right back atcha. :+1:

1 Like

So tell us…any interesting meals on the road?

Only a few. The Eagles fed us well but otherwise it was grab and go a good deal of crazy weather and a few bus derails.

My crew was outstanding. Heading to LA for their finale next week. Celebrate in San Diego.

5 Likes

Enjoy, which I could come along, but down in Florida, to help out mom with something!

1 Like

What part of Florida? If you find anything good please post on the “other USA” regions board! We don’t get many posts about Fl. (Note to self: post about amazing Indian restaurant in Oldsmar!)

1 Like

I’ve thought the same for awhile, but didn’t post for fear of being shot down. But it is a Home Cooking forum, and I like looking at it to spur ideas of what I might try my own hand at, at home. I like looking at restaurant meals for different reasons, namely is it in my town or a place I might visit - note to self - go eat there. But it doesn’t generally inspire me to cook x, y, or z, which I think is the purpose/intent of the home cooking threads.

3 Likes

I actually do get inspiration to cook from others’ restaurant meal pics!

9 Likes