What's for Dinner #46 - the June Is Busting Out All Over Edition - June 2019

That’s my hangry look :smile:

4 Likes

You have an open invitation whenever you are in town :wink:

You’ve created such a beautiful outdoor space!

4 Likes

Hey, I need LOTS of notice. Tickets aren’t cheap! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thank you :blush: Mrs. P is very creative.

2 Likes

We will make it worth your while :grin:

1 Like

It was supposed to be Wine Friday with a neighbor across my spoke road who would ring a bell when she saw me come home and see my deck’s slider door open. Like Pavlov’s dogs, I would meet her In her driveway with chairs, wine, glasses and an opener. (Who brought what was TBD.) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But alas, it was not meant to be. My neighbor got home way later than I, so the wine poured was enjoyed alone. But I’m used to that.

So dinner was late…quick couple hours of a brine on a thick bone-in pork chop, then dried and cooked with a seasoning of dried rosemary, thyme and ground sumac. Pan-seared in a hot pan and finished in the oven.

Meanwhile, a quick pan sauce with sauteed onions, wine reduction, then some butter and sour cream to finish the sauce.

Rice Pilaf and steamed asparagus alongside. And that lonely wine. :wink:

15 Likes

Thinking on your feet is vastly underappreciated. As is a solitary glass of wine. Nice recovery.

3 Likes

Evening of fritters here on HO :joy:

Before heading out for the evening, I finished some broccoli fritters from a few days ago, with harissa yogurt sauce. Didn’t love the fritters when I made them, and they didn’t get much better, but the yogurt improved them.

Maybe mashing in some beans would have helped the flavor. Or maybe I’ll just make kuku or quiche next time.

Dinner out was chicken Milanese with arugula salad. Meh.

7 Likes

Finally hit the mark on the smoked baby backs on the pellet smoker . Side of slaw . The real star is the sliced rustic white bread. Dough Hook in Dunsmuir. World class. Wine to drink.

13 Likes

Thought I was browsing an issue of House Beautiful.

4 Likes

Thanks Jimmy :blush: Just a typical night at Chez Paryzer :smile:

I´ve been eating snap peas in this salad:

I modify the dressing some and the last round of pita I made with za´tar and the salad was spectacular! Would be good with your Israeli feta, also!

9 Likes

Wow this reads oh so delicious. Thxs for the link.

Supermarket pate to start tonight. With conichons and a homemade chutney.

Followed by roast chicken (organic from the local smokehouse - although not smoked). Nothing fancy there - it’ll be chicken roasted. Alongside, asparagus and carrot. And, for spuds, Jersey Royals par-boiled, crushed lightly, drizzled with rapeseed oil and finsihed in the oven to get a bit crispy.

Cheese to finish - we have Bourne’s Cheshire, bought from Mrs Bourne at the farmers market, and the “Cheese With No Name” from Larkton Hall Farm, also in the county. The latter is a Gruyere style. I remember chatting with the producer a couple of years back and asking her why she was doing an Alpine style cheese. She replied that, with already several good producers of farmhouse Cheshire, the market was a little crowded, so she’d try something different. The “No Name” uses 90% cow’s milk and 10% goat for a little tang.

9 Likes

I have some salad left without dressing. I’m going to try that one, a d some more herbs!

Yes, or Architectural Digest!

I will say Mrs P has inspired me to arrange a bunch of flower planters on our deck.

1 Like

Pilgrim, I seriously think your bare cupboard meals deserve a thread of their own. I’m in if others are interested too.

1 Like

I always am seduced by the veggie kimbap at Hmart! It’s stuffed with who knows what but certainly makes for a tasty meal. Could be fun to do a hybrid japanese roll/kimbap and use sushi rice plus some smoked tofu and all the veggies

Delicious-sounding combo!

1 Like