What's for Dinner #46 - the June Is Busting Out All Over Edition - June 2019

So I posted this in the crab thread but here is an afternoon snack for you crab fans… 39 keepers today

!

19 Likes

Another dinner from the WSJ

No green beans, so used peppers

Jumbo couscous

11 Likes

4 guys, 39 crabs… that’s 10 apiece! Youse guys were FEASTING!!!

2 Likes

Country dinner
Gaspacho and thin corn bread

Roast pork belly

Beans with onion, garlic, thyme and bay

Tian

13 Likes

Beautiful Tian! And that pork!

1 Like

Spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce and Italian sausage

13 Likes

Six orders of garlic knots!

4 Likes

If was a half decent day…first good one of the season. It has been terrible fishing but today was pretty great all around. The weather was epic! We got out to the crabbing grounds at 6:30 and there wasn’t a single boat. The breeze was awesome and although it was hot as could be on land, it was really comfortable out there.

3 Likes

Don’t get too excited about the new range. If it has the same safety feature as mine, the broiler won’t turn on until the oven temp has dropped below a certain point. It’s really annoying. Even if you have a weak broiler, I would still try it with the broiler at least once. It’s a just bit harder to transfer the pizza, mostly psychological.

Yum! Which one is you?

Oooh wow! A feast

You need this on a t-shirt!

4 Likes

How many females and small fry did you toss back? 39 keepers is a really good day!

It is actually great fun! (You go home and shower ASAP, of course)

1 Like

Serious crab envy!

We need a NY/NJ Crab Ho-Down Extraordinaire!

2 Likes

I had prepped some black beans for salad, but reading the black bean soup thread led me down a different path. Insane on a HOT day :joy:

Had been thinking about crepes, so I made some thin, herby roll-up omelettes - can’t remember what these were inspired by, either a persian or vietnamese recipe I read somewhere a while ago.

Given that it was another very early dinner, there will probably be a heavy snack later…

10 Likes

I’d be happy with more of the same, thank you.

2 Likes

Picked up some Gulf shrimp at Wegmans, and decided on shrimp in saffron cream sauce. I served with steamed green beans, and leftover Israeli couscous.

Wine. It was a good end to a meh day.

14 Likes

We fished in deeper water and almost all of them were keepers. We kept 39 and 1 of them was a mature female that was spawned out. We generally dont keep any females but she was at the age/size where she would not make it through the winter. You can see her in the pic of me with the bowl.

@ChristinaM I’m the one with no shirt on. My uncle is in the black t shirt.

@Saregama just name the time and place. I’m always down for crab!

4 Likes

I see her now! Glad you had such good luck!