What's for Dinner #46 - the June Is Busting Out All Over Edition - June 2019

@paryzer now you’ve shown us you (and Mrs. P) are human like the rest of us (what’s that Us Weekly section - Celebrities: They’re Just Like Us!)
:smile:

3 Likes

Simple rerun on this gorgeous evening. Cheers. :wine_glass:

8 Likes

in interesting dish, full of nutrients and easy to make. delish, reminds me of grandmas cooking

a classic dish, reminds me of grandmas cooking after a day in the snow, fills you up, gets the energey you need to keep going as a young pup.

now this i like, but maybe even too simple, shame on me.

this looks not that great, too much meat, and fat it looks like to me,

So show us how to do it . Thought so .

1 Like

Nothing wrong with “simple”. The simplest meals often give me the greatest pleasure. Most people (here) are home cooks with limited time. They make delicious food how they like it.

Welcome and I look forward to seeing your fabulous meals.

4 Likes

I’ll see what I can do. :grin:

3 Likes

My lil one made the dressing! Or helped at least :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Have to disagree - looks great to me

3 Likes

Maybe we’ll see you at Solid Sound this weekend?!

Roasted some chickpeas with broccolini for linguine dish. Tasty but it was a little dry. The pasta was supposed to have ricotta but I left it off since I made smitten kitchen’s charred snap pea salad with burrata so I didn’t want to max out on cheese. I added a chunk of leftover halibut to B’s plate.

Good meal, awful plating.

10 Likes

Cuisine of the Quarter voting is up: Summer 2019 (Jul-Sept) Cuisine of the Quarter - VOTING

We’ve got three great nominations this quarter (Californian, Mexican and Thai) - it will be a great quarter no matter which way we go!

2 Likes

Welcome @Ivan_Simonson!

The “too much meat” pic is actually raw chicken marinated for later meals… :joy:

Look forward to seeing and hearing about your delicious dinners soon!

4 Likes

I got a hangover in honor of Bourdain. No, really. I went to a local wine bar celebrating him and the pours were insanely large. 2 glasses did me in (never happens, ahem…)

Here was their honorary menu:

15 Likes

That’s very cool!

I wonder if Andres and Ripert did anything st their restaurants (I didn’t see it publicized beforehand, and I follow them both)

In Ripert’s case, I imagine that was an experience he would sooner forget.

1 Like

True

But I meant bec they were the ones who promoted it (his birthday) as a day of celebratory remembrance.

2 Likes

Ah, I did not know that. :slight_smile: